Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 08:49 PM

What is a TV fire Stick?

What is a T.V firestick?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 08:51 PM

Re: What is a TV fire Stick?

It plugs into the HDMI port of the telly, and you can download apps and tv shows, providing you subscribe to Amazon Prime or Netflix.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 09:10 PM

I have one
It was a one off payment of £20
Providing I have the WiFi connected I can watch virtually anything
At anytime
I haven't subscribed to anything

Well worth the money
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I have one
It was a one off payment of £20
Providing I have the WiFi connected I can watch virtually anything
At anytime
I haven't subscribed to anything
But surely all these TV offerings are the same. They offer a LIMITED amount of free content, which eventually everyone watches (all the same box sets etc) and then you are left with the choice of buying additional pay per view content.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
But surely all these TV offerings are the same. They offer a LIMITED amount of free content, which eventually everyone watches (all the same box sets etc) and then you are left with the choice of buying additional pay per view content.

Or installing Kodi ?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->

Or installing Kodi ?
Yes kodi was installed. ...

Sorted!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 05:32 AM

Blimey, I can't keep up with all this new stuff. I have Prime and Netflix so I need something else now? I heard of Kodl but I thought it wasn't a legal download? Goes off to google
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 05:50 AM

I was given an Amazon fire stick by my son for Christmas but its still in the box. Haven't got round to setting it up yet.
I use my Amazon fire tablet virtually all day and night though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 08:02 AM

Kodi is only as good as your internet connection, can be annoying.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Yes kodi was installed. ...

Sorted!
Kodi is just a bit of kit. It does NOT provide any actual content.

People who buy Kodi are in the main people who intend to download illegal content from illegal websites. Good luck to you if that's you.

Quite obviously every such illegal download made is recorded in the data traffic of the ISP (Internet provider) that you use.
The authorities are currently cracking down on the people who set up the illegal websites where content is being made available illegally.

Ultimately however they could target actual home users. It would be ridiculously easy as every visit you make to those illegal sites and every bit of illegal content you download, is being tracked and recorded.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top