Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 03:53 PM

Re: sticking toilet press in flush button

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not possible as it is the air type bush button unit
So is mine in Kent, it gets splashed.
Of course it might not be that though
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
So is mine in Kent, it gets splashed.
Of course it might not be that though
It is fixed. All I can put it down to is time/wear factor never having been repositioned inside the unit

The button has a round bar attached behind it which goes down a shaft which in turn pushes a small lever inside the unit which then works the air/vacuum. My guess is that little level was sticking and not returning properly to release the button to its start position
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 04:27 PM

I'd put it down to a sticking inlet valve or float. The push button just actuates the siphon, and after that's been lifted the buttin plays no further part in the operation...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 04:59 PM

never had to touch either of those. All I did was remove the button from the unit and check the small lever INSIDE that unit in the photo and put it back. i have looked at the SIAMP web site and it doesn't even mention the type I have, maybe because it has been upgraded

I think you are looking at the wrong part of the system which would normally be what I would go for as well, but in this case definately not . It was just a sticking button that is forward facing on the panel , not a top down setup .
it flushed ok and refilled ok but the refill did not actuated the vacuum enough to work the sprung little lever.

So it was just a case of a sticking lever inside that unit is my guess.

Te cistern is several years old and moving parts inside that unit may have time/wear causing it to stick partially. by taking it apart and refitting meant different contacts sections which is all it needed.

Have to say I understand what you are all trying to get at but in this case the solution was within that unit in the photo
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-06-2017, 05:08 PM

The spring on the left releases the button modul from the unit so that large spring comes away. Thinking on it, it might have even been that large return spring causing the sticking problem.
doesn't take much in the way of a foreign object to cause that. You can just see the dust/dirt build up on the pipe to the left

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top