Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 02:07 PM

Re: Bees and butterflies

No . . I'd better not . . . deleted . . . I must behave . .

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You're not really supposed to do that, Rehab.
but they are cute
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No . . I'd better not . . . deleted . . . I must behave . .

You are right..it's Sunday..behave
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You are right..it's Sunday..behave

I can see I need you to keep me out of trouble, Rehab.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-06-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
but they are cute
Rude boy.

Sorry Annie, I am disrupting your thread. It's Rehab's fault.
I'll clear off.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 04:48 PM

Lol that's ok Mups - bees usually get people all flustered!

I was watching another bee today buzzing around the geraniums. It didn't seem to like them. Then it was going for the lobelias, but they are not in full bloom yet. Poor bee buzzed off.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 06:34 PM

I was watching a programme last year about bees. Some scientists I think kept bees and were tracking them as they left the hives. The bees always went off to the hedgerows to feed on the wildflowers first and then visited gardens to top up so to speak. I leave dandelions, honesty, daises etc to flower in my garden and the amount of bees they attract is amazing.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

18-06-2017, 07:19 PM

Obviously the bees prefere organic before they snack at fast food gardens lol.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 09:32 PM

The bees are hungry!

But they do like my lupins. Saw another this evening I have a ton of margarites which spread just about everywhere each year, just waiting to flower and I think bees like them as do the butterflies. It's just that this year the weather has made everything flower in a strange way. The buddleia has small flower heads and they are all twisted. Usually it's really lush and heavy with blossom around now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-06-2017, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The bees are hungry!

But they do like my lupins. Saw another this evening I have a ton of margarites which spread just about everywhere each year, just waiting to flower and I think bees like them as do the butterflies. It's just that this year the weather has made everything flower in a strange way. The buddleia has small flower heads and they are all twisted. Usually it's really lush and heavy with blossom around now.

I think you might have a point there, Annie.
Remember we had a prolonged cold spring, this year. We kept getting night frost for ages.
Then suddenly it turned the opposite.

I've got bedding plants I still haven't planted, because it was too cold when they were tiny, then when they were ready I hadn't cleared the bed of Sweet Williams still in full flower. Now they are all flowering in the cell trays, the bed is clear but the ground is baked to dust.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top