Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 07:22 AM

Re: Looney Lefty Labour Desperation

Originally Posted by MickB ->
It doesn't matter how often or how loudly you say it, you are still very very wrong. May's performance (or lack of it) since the election - where she almost managed to snatch defeat from a landslide victory, has been so abysmal that the latest Survation opinion poll shows that current voting intentions are as follows:
SUMMARY: Con 39%, Lab 45%, Lib Dems 7%, UKIP 3%, Others 6%

But it's too late the country has spoken .
The disasters that have followed the election could not have been foreseen and could rock any government .
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But it's too late the country has spoken .
The disasters that have followed the election could not have been foreseen and could rock any government .
That's very true - and to be honest there are as many uncaring, dishonest, corrupt, self-seeking Labour councils as there are Tory ones.
My point was simply that Realist's posts about Labour's unpopularity are nonsense. Since the election was called by May, the popularity of the Labour Party (measured in terms of voting intentions) has continued to grow steadily and is still growing.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 07:42 AM

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. Abraham Lincoln
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 07:51 AM

That's why it's not possible to believe that a man who sits down with IRA Hezbollah and Hamas is anything but a born again wolf in sheeps clothling .
I say this as a life long supporter of the Labour Party .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 08:50 AM

Hi

My views on Theresa May are well known.

Twink has posted her view that my dislike for her is so personal that it distorts my view of her.

Twink does have a point. I have no time for her at all.

May has thrown me and others to the Wolves, I am £17000 a year worse off after tax due to enforced early retirement.

I still get a Pension in excess of £30k a year after Tax, £50k a year would be much better.

She wants us back at work, she can get stuffed, she is not offering enough.

Corbyn is offering much more, but on the proviso we cannot do our jobs.

There is absolutely no point in having Enforcement Officers who cannot take action against those who wish to kill us.

I am staying, I have kids, as soon as Brexit is finished I am off.

I have done my best, been kicked in the teeth for doing so.

My Family come first, the EU is offering far more money than the UK is.

The Polish Government is offering UK Enforcement Officers no tax on UK Pensions and UK Wages, four times as much as you can get in Poland.

The EU has offered a 200% increase in pay and pensions to any UK appointed Trade Negotiators in the EU.

That is the reality of life.

Life is brutal, we are no longer a part of the EU, we are a competitor and are being treated as such.

I simply do not understand why this is such a surprise to many.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 09:57 AM

What happens if the Queen's Speech is voted down ? Corbyn or one of them already threatened that they had theirs ready if and when needed !

Was that a threat or a promise ?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:22 AM

It doesn't matter how often or how loudly you say it, you are still very very wrong.
I'm sorry MikB but the factual election results were:

Conservatives 318 seats
Labour 261 seats

There is absolutely NOTHING very very wrong about those numbers. It is the truth plain and simple.

The country DID NOT want this Labour party in power. The party was supported by a few and propped up by an inexperienced youth and given the temporary support of tactical Remainers using the election as a tool to block BrExit, and still Labour couldn't pull together any more seats than it did 7 years ago in 2010 !!!!

That is a dismal dismal result any way you cut it. Denying it just makes Labour supporters look like cloth eared numbskulls.

the latest Survation opinion poll . . .
Oh for crying out loud mate ! Get real. Another feckless poll?!

We just had a real formal election. You don't need a poll. The real results have just been given.

Conservatives 318 seats
Labour 261 seats

It really is that simple.

Labour isn't heading for government any time soon.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I'm sorry MikB but the factual election results were:

Conservatives 318 seats
Labour 261 seats

There is absolutely NOTHING very very wrong about those numbers. It is the truth plain and simple.

The country DID NOT want this Labour party in power. The party was supported by a few and propped up by an inexperienced youth and given the temporary support of tactical Remainers using the election as a tool to block BrExit, and still Labour couldn't pull together any more seats than it did 7 years ago in 2010 !!!!

That is a dismal dismal result any way you cut it. Denying it just makes Labour supporters look like cloth eared numbskulls.

Oh for crying out loud mate ! Get real. Another feckless poll?!

We just had a real formal election. You don't need a poll. The real results have just been given.

Conservatives 318 seats
Labour 261 seats

It really is that simple.

Labour isn't heading for government any time soon.

Just be patient!!! Another election is a distinct possibility in October
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
What happens if the Queen's Speech is voted down ? Corbyn or one of them already threatened that they had theirs ready if and when needed !

Was that a threat or a promise ?

Hi

If the Queen's Speech is voted down, that is a vote of no Confidence in the Government.

The Protocol is that if it happens, Theresa May goes to the Queen and invites her to form another Government.

If this happens, the Queen will then ask the next in line, in this case Corbyn, to form a Government.

If this happens, we have another Queens Speech.

As Corbyn has such a shortfall, it is inevitable that his Government will be voted down.

The protocol is then that another general election is called.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If the Queen's Speech is voted down, that is a vote of no Confidence in the Government.

The Protocol is that if it happens, Theresa May goes to the Queen and invites her to form another Government.

If this happens, the Queen will then ask the next in line, in this case Corbyn, to form a Government.

If this happens, we have another Queens Speech.

As Corbyn has such a shortfall, it is inevitable that his Government will be voted down.

The protocol is then that another general election is called.

Wrong!!! - as the scumbag 'nasty party' are trying to do now, Jeremy may try and form a coalition government with the SNP, ConDems & Green Party (Caroline Lucas - my local MP). Only if that coalition fails will another GE be called.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top