Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 04:53 PM

Pets in Hospitals

The Royal College of Nursing are now saying pets should be allowed in hospitals because it really does speed up patient's recovery.
Their presence makes the owners happier which helps to relieve suffering, and aid healing, according to experiments.

Most hospitals ban them, but the RCN say infections can be managed.
Spokeswoman Amanda Cheesley said pets have an 'amazing impact.'

All I can say is, I know without a doubt, I would feel a heck of a lot better if only I could see and touch my dogs, if ever I was hospitalised.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 05:24 PM

Re: Pets in Hospitals

Therapy dogs in Southampton Children's Hospital study -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-40119672

Catch ITV's This Morning and ff to 40 minutes
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 05:27 PM

Yes, it's been known for a while now that pets speed up recovery in patients and give those wasting away in retirement homes something to smile about. I think it's a great idea.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 05:41 PM

It's a lovely idea and they should also bring back flowers in hospitals too. The infection risk is minimal compared to the way they aid recovery.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a lovely idea and they should also bring back flowers in hospitals too. The infection risk is minimal compared to the way they aid recovery.

Another thing Annie, with no animals and no flowers, there are still an abundance of hospital acquired infections anyway!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 06:17 PM

Well one things sure, if Floyd visited me in hospital there'd be more empty beds!
His flatulence could clear a room in five seconds!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 06:18 PM

I am not a big fan of flowers in hospital. When i have been in there I found the flowers, that lovely people sent to me, were a nuisance because they took up too much room on the tiny bedside cabinets...... plus hospitals are so warm they die too quickly.
I am sure I would benefit from a visit of a friendly dog though
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 06:20 PM

Hi

How are they going to get my aquarium in?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-06-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

How are they going to get my aquarium in?

I doubt cuddling a wet fish would aid your recovery though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 07:06 PM

Some years ago when my sister was dying I went to visit her in Derbyshire in the local cottage hospital and the Matron's Airedale Terrier was wandering around the wards much to the delight of most of the patients.

I told Matron I had a Schnauzer Amy staying at my other sisters with me and she said bring her in any time which I did.

The patients loved Amy and it gave my poorly sister Beth a lovely surprise seeing her .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top