Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 06:59 PM

bugs in computer

Somehow or other I kept getting my windows version wasn't a valid one (virus attempt?) popping up on my screen. needless to say I deleted it straight away

So got hold of anti virus program called "bit defender"and ran that ,there was still a version out of date from several years ago as well i had not removed.
Ran bit defender which so far has cleared the bug but to remove bit defender had to download a removal tool as there was not a built in one.

Next problem was existing windows media player, it didn't play my own videos properly but did on my youtube program. very odd and strange would also play DVD's ok.

Easy fix? was it hell windows media player download/update didn't work on my windows 7 platform no matter what I tried , kept returning not compatible with my computer, odd it was ok before. 2009 version

Maybe driver out of date? so downloaded all the latest drivers for my computer. Did that work? no

Right then scrub windows media player and get a different video player.

So downloaded free "VCL media player" instead. Yippee it worked but had to make that the default player instead, not the hard if you know which program to make the change in for all videos.

Strange thing was that programs such as Adobe premier showed the same videos when put on there with no problems so definately a window media player glich somewhere I shall try and find.

Had to do a couple of more tweeks to the sound via another installed program of mine to get it sounding like in a room and not in an echo chamber
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 07:20 PM

Re: bugs in computer

Re: Windows Media Player - could it be that you don't have the correct Co-Decs installed for a particular type of file? If that's the case, have a look at the free K-Lite codecs pack.

http://filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 09:53 PM

VLC is a great free media player. I would never use Windows Media Player, just not worth the hassle.

Had issues with my Father-In-Laws computer with Bit Defender. Not an Ant-virus I would choose. I seem to remember it taking up far too much CPU time.

Take a look at Comodo Internet Security. Free and very good.

I would also definitely download the free version of Malwarebytes and run a scan on your machine.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 12:51 AM

Been doing some research into hat screen popup about windows not not being genuine.

Looks as if microsoft are doing a sweep to find illegal copies and the popup asks for your windows 7 product number.

They splash it up for 30 days and then start blanking out the screenfor a period of time.

So have your product serial number to hand in case you get this splash screen
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

26-06-2017, 07:10 PM

Latest update

I have added 3 additional hard drive I have had spare. So formatted one of them "E" an HDD drive and downloaded windows7 onto that, I could then formatted drive "C" SSD drive which the computer starts on as now working on the new windows7 "E" disk.

"C" now formatted swapped them back giving me a clean "C"SSD card

Next to download windows 7 onto the clean "C" SSD drive and reinstall every thing back. auto licence registration as well which I set up before
Yes took a lot of time adding and swapping disk drives and getting latest downloads

but now guess what

NO MORE NASTY POPUPS SAYING REGISTER NOW OR AFTER 30 DAYS SCREEN WILL KEEP GOING BLANK

so it must have been a bug which was hard to swat

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top