Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 01:41 PM

Re: Brexit means Brexit???

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Did you not see Mrs Windsor yesterday??? - her dress and hat were as close to being the EU flag as made no difference.
She should have been wearing her crown and regalia, but as the speech was moved to a day when she usually attends Ascot, I suspect that she wore the blue outfit for her visit to Ascot, immediately after she left Parliament.

I believe the queen was in favour of leaving, but I could be wrong. Either way I would mention that she is too dignified and discreet to display her feelings via her clothes... so don't talk rubbish UJ
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
She should have been wearing her crown and regalia, but as the speech was moved to a day when she usually attends Ascot, I suspect that she wore the blue outfit for her visit to Ascot, immediately after she left Parliament.

I believe the queen was in favour of leaving, but I could be wrong. Either way I would mention that she is too dignified and discreet to display her feelings via her clothes... so don't talk rubbish UJ

Wrong!!! - by the time she arrived at Ascot she was wearing a lemon coloured outfit, so clearly her wardrobe for her speech to Parliament was a discreet nod to the remainers!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong!!! - by the time she arrived at Ascot she was wearing a lemon coloured outfit, so clearly her wardrobe for her speech to Parliament was a discreet nod to the remainers!!!
Of course she was! Then perhaps her blue outfit was an acknowledgement that the Tory party had won the election, but she then slipped into a yellow outfit to demonstrate she was supporting the SNP.
You do talk a load of rubbish UJ!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 03:50 PM

I believe the queen was in favour of leaving, but I could be wrong.
Yep you're badly wrong on this Twink.

Not sure where you've been when all of this was being discussed before the referendum.

The UK has been sold down the river into the hands of the EU for a long time. It began with Ted Heath's government duping the nation into thinking we were just joining the Common Market. Since then, over the years, the various governments (regardless of party) have steadily drafted and pushed through the 5 or 6 EU Treaties by stealth.

At no stage was the UK population given any referendum on the full decision to join the EU and hand over our justice system to the ECJ.

The Queen, at her Coronation, swore a firm oath to rule this country and prevent it from being passed to a foreign power.

Since that oath, she has given her Royal Assent to each and every one of those EU Treaties. The Queen has betrayed the British public and allowed governments to fraudulently push through Treaties and legislation that totally undermines the fundamental elements of British Constitution.

That being the case, it is somewhat peurile to suggest that the Queen is/was in favour of leaving.

The Queen is in fact the one single person with whom the buck stops. The very reason for her having the power of Royal Assent is to cater for the unlikely event that a government attempts to fraudulently act against the core constitution of the country and against its people.
The Queen has failed in that duty. She should have refused to give Royal Assent to the treaties and protected the country and our justice system from ever being handed over to foreign powers.

The monarchy is a part of the entire elite machinery. Had we not had a referendum, nothing would have changed and she would have happily seen us become a small insignificant cog in a Federal States Of Europe.

But we DID have a referendum and the country spoke and said GTF out of here.

Where does that leave the Queen?

Actually it leaves her in a difficult position because there exists the possibility that if certain parties uncover the skullduggery that has been perpetrated over the years, she could actually be put on trial for Treason.

It is notable in that consideration that in the BLiar years, they rapidly changed the punishment for Treason from being hung by the neck to just a tem in prison ! Just in case eh?

In the final analysis the populous is imo going to see and finally realise that they live in a police state and dictatorship because having gone through all of those years steadily pushing us into the EU, they aren't likely to now let that all go to pot. They are after all the elite rulers who pull all the strings.

So I fully expect "something" or "somethings" to occur which will directly or indirectly prevent us from really leaving the EU.

The government nonsense and controlled media nonsense is just smoke and mirrors, simply actions to perpetuate the Matrix illusion we are caught in.

When BrExit doesn't really happen, then you will know and realise that democracy is a sham. By then of course we will have witnessed lots of civil unrest, rioting and bloodshed and the military will be in place with martial law.

These people are so powerful, so wealthy, so in control that they no longer even care that many people are "awake" and see what is going on. They know that there is nothing anyone can do about it. We are dumbed down, passive, unarmed cannon fodder. They are ruthlessly motivated dictators backed up with highly armed, highly trained military and local forces.

Massive change is coming imo, the real beginning of Orwell's 1984. We are going to be bagged and tagged, biologically, "vaccinated" (cough) and will have no privacy and fewer freedoms. It has nothing to do with any terrorist threat and everything to do with total domination and the establishment of the One World Government.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:35 AM

Of course she was! Then perhaps her blue outfit was an acknowledgement that the Tory party had won the election, but she then slipped into a yellow outfit to demonstrate she was supporting the SNP.
You do talk a load of rubbish UJ!
She could have worn brown in support of Labour.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:43 AM

Did you know you can bet on the colour of the Queen's hat???

Apparently some punters won thousands when they correctly guessed it would be pink for Ladies Day.

Jeeze, don't some people have too much time on their hands!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:48 AM

Either way she didn't look very happy
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
T'was spoiling her day at the races wasn't it!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't think any of us are very happy at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top