Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 06:24 PM

Who's the best political interviewer

Hi. Not sure whether this thread should be here on on the TV section.

We all, quite possibly, watch a variety of political interviews and each interviewer has his/her strengths and weaknesses.

Who do you feel manages to extract the most information and highlights contradictions from our politicians?

For me, Andrew Neild is pretty high on the list.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 07:08 PM

Re: Who's the best political interviewer

Andrew Marr is my favourite, he seems less biased than some of the others and less aggressive. Some interviewers just bombard people with questions and don't give them time to answer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
For me, Andrew Neild is pretty high on the list.
Andrew Neil is the only BBC journalist who appears not to have a left wing bias. Certainly, he is better than that Dimplebum character.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 07:31 PM

I'd go for Andrew Neil as well, he seems to give everyone the same rough ride, particularly if they try to be evasive.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 09:43 PM

Sir Robin Day and Sir David Frost. Both brusque, but brilliant interviewers. Sadly, no longer with us.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 10:04 PM

Andrew Neil without question.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 12:00 AM

I can't get beyond Andrew Neil's wig it detracts from anything he is saying.

I don't watch C4 news much these days but always liked Jon Snow as an interviewer .

I have a soft spot for John Humphrys too
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can't get beyond Andrew Neil's wig
Really?

I had no idea he has a wig. I'm just watching him now on This Week*, and if that's a wig it certainly is a good one!

*I have started to watch This Week now, on a Thursday night, and have finally given up watching Question Time for two reasons:

It goes without saying, of course, that it is patently left-wing biased.

The other niggle is that, thanks to Dimplebum's ineffective moderation, a regular occurrence is two (or more) panellists talking (or shouting) at once so that you can't actually hear what either of them is saying!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Really?

I had no idea he has a wig. I'm just watching him now on This Week*, and if that's a wig it certainly is a good one!

*I have started to watch This Week now, on a Thursday night, and have finally given up watching Question Time for two reasons:

It goes without saying, of course, that it is patently left-wing biased.

The other niggle is that, thanks to Dimplebum's ineffective moderation, a regular occurrence is two (or more) panellists talking (or shouting) at once so that you can't actually hear what either of them is saying!
JB Dimbleby chucked out a heckling left wing Corbynite last night with the approval of the audience .
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 08:22 AM

David Frost.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top