Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 12:08 PM

Re: Only women bleed

Originally Posted by May ->
I don't do washing up now I'm a Laidee of leisure,everything goes into the dishwasher.I know We're told not to put sharp knives in there...but I gave up doing what I was told a long time ago
I agree, bung everything in the dishwasher and if it doesn't get cleaned properly the first time, keep putting it back in until it does.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I always leave glasses on the side and wash them up first one at a time Tess....
Eerrrmmm, I leave all the dishes to be washed on one side and only put them in the bowl a couple at a time in a strict order.
Glasses first, then cups, then the others in order of how dirty and greasy they are with the greasy ones the last. I have always done it this way to avoid getting greasy contamination on to glasses and cups.
Do you think I have OCD
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Eerrrmmm, I leave all the dishes to be washed on one side and only put them in the bowl a couple at a time in a strict order.
Glasses first, then cups, then the others in order of how dirty and greasy they are with the greasy ones the last. I have always done it this way to avoid getting greasy contamination on to glasses and cups.
Do you think I have OCD
I used to do that... before dishwasher!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I used to do that... before dishwasher!
Much rather wash by hand, dishwashers need too much maintenance and too many chemicals for washing and cleaning. Bad for environment...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Much rather wash by hand, dishwashers need too much maintenance and too many chemicals for washing and cleaning. Bad for environment...
Do You have the old poss tub and washing board out in the back yard on washing day old Boy,plus the bar of sunlight soap...rub a dub dub...good for the environment
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 08:15 AM

My ex MIL (2nd), used to wash up and not rinse off the dirty, soapy water, it made me feel sick. What's the point of washing something then leaving the dirty water on it?
Rinse!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Do You have the old poss tub and washing board out in the back yard on washing day old Boy,plus the bar of sunlight soap...rub a dub dub...good for the environment
Don't be silly May, we live next to the river and all the women from the village go down there on a Sunday morning to do their washing.....

You'll be telling me next that there is an appliance for cooking food in one tenth of the time it takes on the gas hob.....Yea, right!...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top