Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 04:41 PM

Re: BBC reporting

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Old Monty isn't so nice behind the scenes so I have been told by someone in the know. He always seems so nice on TV.
That's a shame. He suffers from deep depression so maybe that's part of it. He got into gardening as a therapy for that. I do so love the programme though. Like a breath of fresh air.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:33 PM

I like to watch stuff on the BBC, no annoying adverts, and there are some great documentaries on BBC 4 but I haven't watched the news for ages, and when I do I feel I'm been brainwashed. As for the BBC interviewers, have you seen the behaviour of the channel four journalists? Disgraceful!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I like to watch stuff on the BBC, no annoying adverts, and there are some great documentaries on BBC 4 but I haven't watched the news for ages, and when I do I feel I'm been brainwashed. As for the BBC interviewers, have you seen the behaviour of the channel four journalists? Disgraceful!
BBC 4 is very good!
BBC news seems to cover a few stories over and over again.

Didn't Monty Don have a stroke not long ago?
He's not as good as Alan, who want as good as Geoff!

No one will ever be as good as Geoff.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 10:00 PM

I prefer BBC, less Chavs.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 06:06 AM

Euronews every time. No faces, no celebrities, just plain news and to the point. They have have a "NO COMMENT" session daily, which just shows any significant happening in the world, no words, just sound and video.

Laura K is a despicable example of a self-opinionated rude female interviewer says Mrs D. Bias personified....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Euronews every time. No faces, no celebrities, just plain news and to the point. They have have a "NO COMMENT" session daily, which just shows any significant happening in the world, no words, just sound and video.

Laura K is a despicable example of a self-opinionated rude female interviewer says Mrs D. Bias personified....
Oh good another Euronews fan!
I hope they'll still let us watch aftet Brexit
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:19 PM

Thanks very much for that facebook link - I'll be making good use of that.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
BBC 4 is very good!

Didn't Monty Don have a stroke not long ago?
He's not as good as Alan,
You mean the Titchmarsh? The gardener who moved to the Isle of Wight, bought a property which would have had a sea view, but a tree (with TPO) blocked the view!!! Shucks!
Never fear as the soon to be Lord High Sheriff of the Island had said tree chopped down and casually paid the fine!
S'easy when you know how!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

26-06-2017, 06:29 PM

What's that got to do with how good a presenter he is?
Besides he's cute!
Lindyloo
isle of wight

26-06-2017, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What's that got to do with how good a presenter he is?
His authenticity as a genuine gardener!?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top