Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 05:19 PM

Kris Kristofferson at Glastonbury.

Hi,
Now I am a very big fan of Kris, especially his songwriting talent, however his 30-minute effort at Glastonbury last night did leave me with concerns...
I know that he is now 81, so we have to make some allowances for that, but his performance last night fell well short, in my opinion....
I feel that he needed much more vocal / instrumental support, although that would have meant him fully completing every song, which he chose not to do.
He's never really had a 'great' singing voice and from last nights performance, it appears worse than ever, why he was singing so low - a different key might have been better...

Opinions welcome!

Malc.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 05:28 PM

Re: Kris Kristofferson at Glastonbury.

Didn't watch Glastonbury Malc,but much as I love Kris as an actor/songwriter,I've never rated Him as a singer...except for His recording of 'Bobby McGee'
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Didn't watch Glastonbury Malc,but much as I love Kris as an actor/songwriter,I've never rated Him as a singer...except for His recording of 'Bobby McGee'
I didn't watch it either, but I probably heard him, I can hear Glastonbury from here, it seems louder this year (waiting for Foofighters) !
I had the same thoughts about Donovan, I was expecting him to be the same as he was in his youth but his voice isn't even recognisable. Sad, but, it's nice that they're still alive and trying to entertain us.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 05:50 PM

I thought he was great in the film A Star Is Born with Barbra Streisand but other than that nothing else i'm aware of.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 05:51 PM

I've never really listened to him singing except with The Highwaymen. This group I could listen to all day!
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I've never really listened to him singing except with The Highwaymen. This group I could listen to all day!
I agree, a fantastic group...Unfortunately not all are still with us...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 06:49 PM

Wouldn't know him if he passed me in the street .
These old rockers don't die they just fade away............
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 07:12 PM

He starred in the film Convoy 10/4 https://youtu.be/EnJEeHND_lQ so 70s
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 06:43 AM

Didn't see his Glastonbury performance but he was a multi-talented songwriter, singer and actor. He is/was one of the most versatile of American country stars. He’s been a Golden Gloves boxer, a Rhodes scholar, a college football player, an acclaimed actor, a military officer, a helicopter pilot, ans Grammy-winner. His most famous and most recorded songs were Help Me Make it Through The Night - a huge hit for the wonderful Gladys Knight, Sunday Morning Coming Down, Me and Bobby McGee,and For The Good Times.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:06 AM

I never realised KK was 81 ! Time just disappears. I remember going to Glastonbury the year that Johnny Cash was there - and it was magic !!

Kris and Willie Nelson are the only two 'Highwaymen' still with us !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top