Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:03 PM

Re: Jeremy Corbyn's Full Speech to Glastonbury 2017

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
You complained that Uncle Joe's sentence......

"Seems the scumbag 'nasty party' voters are now having second thoughts"

Was saying Tory voters were nasty.

I gave you another sentence about voting for a blonde........phrased the same as UJ's which by your logic would mean those that voted for the blonde girl.......were blonde.

So......"Seems the scumbag 'nasty party' voters are now having second thoughts"
Says nothing about the voters 'being nasty'....only that they are having second thoughts.

Get it ?
If you remove the words between the inverted commas you end up with "Seems the scumbag voters are now having second thoughts", so if the scumbag had also been between the inverted commas it would have read differently and meant something less insulting.

Get it.... ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:10 PM

UJ only uses the inverted commas for "nasty party" because he's quoting someone else's words.
Scumbag is his own term!

Scumbag "nasty party" always refers to the Conservative Party.

Sorry Barry!

Jeeze, I need to go and find something sensible to do!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:13 PM

For once I agree with UJ...and Theresa May's the BIGGEST scumbag....Another Thatcher but without the balls.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
If you remove the words between the inverted commas you end up with "Seems the scumbag voters are now having second thoughts", so if the scumbag had also been between the inverted commas it would have read differently and meant something less insulting.

Get it.... ?
Got it....................................glad I am not so sensitive.
So you take his rantings personally ?

I must be blonde.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Got it....................................glad I am not so sensitive.
So you take his rantings personally ?

I must be blonde.
No, as I said I find his name calling of anyone with a different opinion infantile, and so it is but I guess that's all that he has to add to the conversation.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:48 PM

All this name-calling, and apparently all by left wingers!

You lefties will have to come to terms with the fact that the Conservatives are the largest party in government. You may not like it, but you have no option but to accept it, and no amount of name-calling is going to change it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:56 PM

So loony left is a compliment ? I think that started long before tories named themselves. Perhaps if they didn't want to be known as that they shouldn't have said it or acted like it in the first place.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:02 PM

Looney is much nicer than nasty, I wouldn't want to be known as nasty.
"If the cap fits" as they say.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So loony left is a compliment ? I think that started long before tories named themselves. Perhaps if they didn't want to be known as that they shouldn't have said it or acted like it in the first place.
They can't help it it is inbred.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

26-06-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Oh well, that's a few old codgers on here versus tens of thousands there.
If Labour ever 'got in' these are the very people who would be paying the bill. The Budget deficit stands at around £50bn down from Labours £150bn (every year) and falling. Think about it; the National Debt is still rising by £1bn per week; if the situation could be turned around and we could pay off the National Debt at the same rate, how long will it take to pay it off? Who pays the bill; not the over 50's. It will be the generations not even born yet!!
Thank you Labour, Thank you Gordon Brown.

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top