Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:01 PM

Re: Jeremy Corbyn's Full Speech to Glastonbury 2017

I am busy trying to think of another current politician that could have made a speech at Glastonbury and got that reception
No..........lets widen that to any politician dead or alive that would dare to make a speech at such a gathering.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I am busy trying to think of another current politician that could have made a speech at Glastonbury and got that reception
No..........lets widen that to any politician dead or alive that would dare to make a speech at such a gathering.
Young people love free sweeties and are easily conned.

I'm sure they'd have given a pop singer a similar reception, but pop singers (like Labour politicians) are not much good at running a country!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:20 PM

I mustn't be a decent person.

He got his free ticket......wonder if he'll camp and wear wellies?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:23 PM

Some of mine have rung home to say how upset they are that this guy hijacked their musical evening.

They didn't buy tickets to watch a performance of the Communist Manifesto.

Apparently he will be planning the same at Last Night of the Proms., etc.

I notice he didn't gate crash Ascot!

Happily my Grandchildren have caught on what he's about!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
All I get is a big black square
That's a coincidence! Every time I see Theresa May speaking all I see is a big black cloud!

Don't underestimate the young, their time will come.
After the war (Uncle Albert moment coming) parents and grandparents wanted better for the future generations, now all I hear are grandparents especially, begrudging the young what they had let alone a better future than their parents.
What's gone wrong?

Listen to yourselves!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
After the war (Uncle Albert moment coming) parents and grandparents wanted better for the future generations,

Listen to yourselves!
Odd that you mention the war in which legions of youngsters were among those who fought to free Europe from German occupation..

I wonder, if Corbyn had been PM, would he have fought to free the European Countries & stop the executions over there.

Sounds quite unlikely.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 09:40 PM

That's a ridiculous thing to say! There are lots of our youngsters in the forces right now. Do you really want our kids to have to fight a war like the least two!
What an attitude! Exactly what I mean!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 10:07 PM

I was hoping after Theresa Mays speech as she entered number 10 as the new Prime Minister it heralded a change from the old conservative policies but no the same ideas of looking after the wealthy at the cost of the poor carried on.
Jeremy Corbyns speech today sounded inspiring. I think I should research further into the labour manifesto as there may be a new election shortly.
I'm not happy that the 10 DUP mps will have such power over the government at all.
I wasn't happy she didn't have the courage to face Corbyn in a debate or that she didn't have the courage to face the survivors of that terrible fire.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I almost called you a condescending twat......but I am better than that.
Oh dear. You've really upset me now.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh dear. You've really upset me now.
Perhaps you might like to see the legendary Jacksons on BBC 4 from Glastonbury now.

More your age group I am sure......must be a Grand dad or 2 amongst them.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top