Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 10:02 AM

Re: Foofighters!

I've never had the urge to go to a festival, too many people and not enough comfort
My daughter worked at Glastonbury one year, she had a caravan to use, she said she'd never go there again.
Eldest grandson usually works there on security but not this year. I think he had enough.
I don't think there's going to be one next year.
If I do have to downsize again later this year because of Bedroom Tax I'm going to try to move to Glastonbury or Frome. Lots of things going on in those towns. Nothing exciting happening around here!
I could hear the festival from here, about 14 miles away so I may have to get some ear plugs if I move there!
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:04 PM

I saw a bit of the Foo Fighters though I didn't know them previously. I liked a Girl Band called " Clean Bandit " on the John Peel Stage.

I'm afraid I never went to Glasto myself as I didn't feel up to sleeping in primitive conditions but only went to day local festivals.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:25 PM

Hi TessA I love the Foo Fighters too... I have two Cd's of theirs.. David Grohl is sexy and was with Nirvana another good band that i liked..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Hi TessA I love the Foo Fighters too... I have two Cd's of theirs.. David Grohl is sexy and was with Nirvana another good band that i liked..
Yes he is and yes he was
I don't know how he kept going last night, not sweating, not out of breath either!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes he is and yes he was
I don't know how he kept going last night, not sweating, not out of breath either!
I missed them on telly, i'm sure they were good, i might see them on BBC Iplayer catch up? or something
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:57 PM

I was put off the Foo Fighters buy some blokes at a party. They were dressed a bit like Clingons and were sort of bouncing off each other whilst eating cake. I think they played a whole album.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

25-06-2017, 08:19 PM

Oh dear LD! Don't let cosplayers put you off, have a look at some Youtube videos!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Oh dear LD! Don't let cosplayers put you off, have a look at some Youtube videos!

Ha ha. I just knew you would have a name for it.

I promise I will take a look later at those black boxes. I have to copy and paste the links.

Just out of interest, is their music anything like The Rasmus who I think are superb and under rated?
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 08:27 PM

I'm afraid those videos didn't seem to work for me but the great thing is even for us oldies is being close to the noises that once got us going? I have got a drum machine built in to the synthesiser in the next room and it can make pretty rhythmic noises if I knew how? The kids get off to that stuff and it is nice to remember that we were kids once even if we are not now!
PhilipM
Wales, UK

25-06-2017, 10:13 PM

One strange thing I've noticed on the John Peel Stage is that sometimes people have been waving Black Flags which we associate historically with Anarchism ( Kropotkin and co ) and nowadays with Islamic State???

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top