Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 10:23 PM

Re: Foofighters!

I don't know The Rasmus I'll have a look then get back to you!
Why can't you folk see the videos?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 10:38 PM

My youngest is heavily into Cosplay, goes to conventions, usually dressed as Anime characters! It looked like so much fun I was jealous! went to a Steampunk event and found Cosplay for oldies!!!
The Rasmus are very good, nicely Gothic, a bit like MCR. So far I like "In The Shadows" and "Lucifer's Angel".
Thanks for telling me about them.
Foo Fighters are an older, more heavy rock band, have a look on iPlayer last nights Glastonbury may be on there.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My youngest is heavily into Cosplay, goes to conventions, usually dressed as Anime characters! It looked like so much fun I was jealous! went to a Steampunk event and found Cosplay for oldies!!!
The Rasmus are very good, nicely Gothic, a bit like MCR. So far I like "In The Shadows" and "Lucifer's Angel".
Thanks for telling me about them.
Foo Fighters are an older, more heavy rock band, have a look on iPlayer last nights Glastonbury may be on there.
Play their albums a couple of times and you will be hooked. Lauri Ylönen has a great voice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
I'm afraid those videos didn't seem to work for me but the great thing is even for us oldies is being close to the noises that once got us going? I have got a drum machine built in to the synthesiser in the next room and it can make pretty rhythmic noises if I knew how? The kids get off to that stuff and it is nice to remember that we were kids once even if we are not now!
I could hear some rhythmic noises coming from next door, this morning and I don't think they have a drum machine.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Yes he is and yes he was
I don't know how he kept going last night, not sweating, not out of breath either!
He's a tough cookie! Two years ago he fell off the stage into the orchestra pit and broke his leg badly. He returned after treatment and finished the gig in a chair.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dave-grohl-broken-leg/
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
One strange thing I've noticed on the John Peel Stage is that sometimes people have been waving Black Flags which we associate historically with Anarchism ( Kropotkin and co ) and nowadays with Islamic State???
Maybe Henry Rollins was performing (former lead singer with Black Flag - great band!)
MickB
London UK

26-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Jacksons on the other side!
I thought the Jacksons were a bit embarrassing - total contrast to the amazingly wonderful Nile Rogers and Chic, whose music was so tight and alive - disco perfection!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

28-06-2017, 09:47 AM

Oh dear LD! Don't let cosplayers put you off, have a look at some Youtube videos!

I watched the videos as promised and yes, I like them a lot. I will have to do some searching on iTunes.

thanks TessA

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top