Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:23 AM

Re: Dogs

Our two dogs play with one another so don't pester us for that, but they are very inquisitive and like to be around us when we are doing things so that they don't miss anything...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 10:58 AM

Maisie just loves you Spitty, and why not.....You're such a nice pleasant chap......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 05:43 PM

She must do OGF, but folks don't realise the extent of the problem, I'm in the garden building my workshop, so, the Wife throws the ball for the dog, the dog retrieves it and places it at my feet, or in the mortar mix, I pass it back to the Wife, she throws it and once again, it is returned to me, this morning, I nearly trod on her when I got out of bed, she spent the night, on the floor, next to my side of the bed, even though she had the choice of the sofa, or other bedrooms.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 06:06 PM

Be pleased you still have females falling at your feet, Spitty.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:49 PM

I think every dog is different some like company others dont. Oscar needed a pal , it made him feel more secure , he liked to be busy looking after someone else.
Remy needed another dog to support him and calm his fears and while Oscar was alive he was happy but when Oscar died a bit of Remy died too.
Remy was my velcro dog and no one else would do I barely went to the toilet alone for the 10 years we had him and I never resented it. He needed to be close.
As the last of three Benny had always been a loner and only as he went blind did he gradually lean more and more on me. We became very close in his last three years.

Now theres Murphy he is young and already he is picking up on our needs, esp OH if OH moves or mumbles in his sleep Murphy is there at the side of the bed ready to comfort him. He lies behind OH's chair waiting watching keeping guard.

For me there is nothing more comforting than the closeness and bond between my dog and myself.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 10:31 PM

I think watching a dog, away from the home gives the most clues about what is going on, Maisie is one special dog.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top