Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Good Morning Sunday

Good morning all a rainy start to the day but the sun is now showing its face.

Not a lot planned for today other than getting a few bits and pieces together for when Mr Mags goes into hospital for his knee replacement in just over a week's time.

The photo above is of "Pidge" who I have nursed back to health after being attacked by a cat. He is quite lively now although he cannot fly .... I will have to find him a home (sanctuary) soon who will care for handicapped birds. I originally contacted the RSPCA who wouldn't come out to collect him because they don't take in pigeons

Enjoy your day everyone...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 12:39 PM

Re: Good Morning Sunday

Good morning /afternoon Mags et al, not a bad day here with broken cloud although rather blustery at times.

Just pottering around today and I'll probably start a new book later on.

Best wishes for your husband's knee operationl next week Mags, hope it goes well for him, my new hips were transformative.....

Enjoy the rest of your day folks.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Good morning all a rainy start to the day but the sun is now showing its face.

Not a lot planned for today other than getting a few bits and pieces together for when Mr Mags goes into hospital for his knee replacement in just over a week's time.

The photo above is of "Pidge" who I have nursed back to health after being attacked by a cat. He is quite lively now although he cannot fly .... I will have to find him a home (sanctuary) soon who will care for handicapped birds. I originally contacted the RSPCA who wouldn't come out to collect him because they don't take in pigeons

Enjoy your day everyone...
Mags, have you tried the RSPB, they may know somewhere that will take him?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Good morning /afternoon Mags et al, not a bad day here with broken cloud although rather blustery at times.

Just pottering around today and I'll probably start a new book later on.

Best wishes for your husband's knee operationl next week Mags, hope it goes well for him, my new hips were transformative.....

Enjoy the rest of your day folks.
Thanks Barry, we've been a long time waiting for this op and hopefully it will give him a new lease of life
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

25-06-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mags, have you tried the RSPB, they may know somewhere that will take him?
Thanks Twink, I have tried the RSPB but they couldn't offer any help other than to contact the RSPCA.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 03:06 PM

Afternoon all.

No the RSPCA & RSPB are not interested in Pidgeons, we tried once with an injured one.
Vega
Europe
Vega is female  Vega has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 03:40 PM

Enjoy your Sunday !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 05:30 PM

A belated good morning I got side tracked by rage as I discovered next doors bamboo coming up on my new gravel path in spite of the thick ground cover fabric

I decided to clean out the bedroom cupboard to calm myself down and to resist attack the bamboo with an axe which would not have be good for my blood pressure .

Hope a good day was had by all..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 05:44 PM

Hi

Why do we wish so many so well?

There are so many on here who would wish to put so many animals through absolutely horrendous pain simply to say, I did my best for them.

Perhaps we should realise the situation.

There are those on here who would wish their pets horrendous pain rather than take a rational decision.

They portray that as loving their pets yet in reality they have absolutely no concern for their pets at all.

All they are concerned about is their own need to be seen as good.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why do we wish so many so well?

There are so many on here who would wish to put so many animals through absolutely horrendous pain simply to say, I did my best for them.

Perhaps we should realise the situation.

There are those on here who would wish their pets horrendous pain rather than take a rational decision.

They portray that as loving their pets yet in reality they have absolutely no concern for their pets at all.

All they are concerned about is their own need to be seen as good.

That's a very odd post, Swims.

Who are all these people putting thier pets through "horrendous pain" just so they can say "they did their best"?

I don't know any people on here who have "absolutely no concern for their pets", either.

What on earth makes you say this?
Can you explain please?

Apologies Mags, hope Mr. Mags operation goes well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top