Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 01:00 PM

Poison pen letters and complaints !

Well I've always liked most of my neighbours we are a fairly close knit bunch and help each other as much as we can without being nosy and interfering. But it's all gone wrong the past eight months or so with some nasty anonymous letters, some official complaints to the council that council obviously won't tell us all who is doing it.

It's obvious poison pen writer is council complainant as wording of complaints is so close to the anonymous letters.

I think 8 of us have received them usually about our animals, parking or vehicles we drive.

So suspicions have been rife it's been a nasty atmosphere not knowing who was doing it.

Council letter arrived this morning asking for feed back on my complaint about noisy dogs addressed to my flat with my upstairs neighbours name on it !

I think I have the culprit but if I reveal it i I seriously worry about violent reprisals as some of those involved have been threatened with eviction or fines and they are really angry. I am too but not enough to make the situation worse by putting her in danger.

But I'm really not sure what to do I can't reveal her, I want her to suffer like the rest of us have though which isn't like me at all, my forgiveness gene is wanting since I read the last letter accusing one of my boys of something heinous so obviously untrue as he was away with the army at the time she claimed he was here. I've avoided eviction because I've always managed to prove my dogs weren't barking as she chooses odd times when they are out or away at the van.

Clearly something wrong with her I believe and that usually makes me feel sorry for people but not her not today, that gene has disappeared completely

So what to do ? What would you do ?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 01:18 PM

Re: Poison pen letters and complaints !

Perhaps you could try being devious and ask this person if she is receiving these letters too and gauge her reaction to what you ask her. You never know what she might let slip.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Simples, hand her the letter, just saying that you opened it by mistake. She will then know that you know, but it may be worth photocopying it first just in case she tries any more nastiness later.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Simples, hand her the letter, just saying that you opened it by mistake. She will then know that you know, but it may be worth photocopying it first just in case she tries any more nastiness later.

I agree with you, Barry.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 01:55 PM

That's a good idea Barry I think I can be icily polite enough to do it too.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by barry ->
simples, hand her the letter, just saying that you opened it by mistake. She will then know that you know, but it may be worth photocopying it first just in case she tries any more nastiness later.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 03:15 PM

I don't agree. You say that there is a nasty atmosphere and people have been threatened with eviction or fines.
This person needs to be stopped before things deteriorate further. She obviously has some sort of problem which needs to be sorted out.
This is your home for crying out loud, your retreat, your place of safety why would you let someone ruin it for you and your other neighbours.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 03:39 PM

Julie you could do without this at the moment! Put your health first and follow Barry's advice. When you return the letter get somebody to go with you. You can say it was difficult bringing it after such a big Op, but you can't go far without having somebody to keep their eye on you, yet you didn't want to delay her receiving her mail.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 03:55 PM

For goodness sakes Julie you're meant to be convalescing and resting!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-06-2017, 04:15 PM

I do better if I just keep going resting and not doing anything all I think about is cancer. If I could physically get back to work I would anything to keep busy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top