Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:56 PM

Re: Poison pen letters and complaints !

You could put word about that some of you are taking legal action for harassment, that might stop her.
Perhaps mention that to her on passing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:19 PM

If all the above fails, just chuck her in the acid bath. Problem solved.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 06:22 PM

Apologies for my post Julie I did not know you were ill , it just got me so annoyed how people can make others lives uncomfortable as I've had too much of that in my life.
Apologies again and hope you feel better soon.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 06:27 PM

Might be an old problem that was never adreested so she takes it to the council.

All she could do if she found she was harssed.

Woken up by drunks and dogs barking.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Apologies for my post Julie I did not know you were ill , it just got me so annoyed how people can make others lives uncomfortable as I've had too much of that in my life.
Apologies again and hope you feel better soon.
Absolutely no need to apologise at all, I don't expect everyone to read every thread Monday's child. Your advice was appreciated. Thank you.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Simples, hand her the letter, just saying that you opened it by mistake. She will then know that you know, but it may be worth photocopying it first just in case she tries any more nastiness later.
There's also the legalities covering other people's mail.

It is illegal to keep any mail meant for others.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:41 AM

It was addressed to my home address but had her name, I am not sure legalities in that situation, I opened it as it had my address before I even looked at the name. I think council might be on slippy ground revealing her name to this address though all that data protection straight out the window by one simple human mistake.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It was addressed to my home address but had her name, I am not sure legalities in that situation, I opened it as it had my address before I even looked at the name. I think council might be on slippy ground revealing her name to this address though all that data protection straight out the window by one simple human mistake.
But you know who it was meant for.

Opening it by accident is ok but not passing it on?
This may be deemed an offence(interfering with/or delaying the delivery of mail) though I doubt you'd be found out.

Postal Act 2000:
"A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person's detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him."
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-06-2017, 09:52 AM

You may be right I have no idea but it's not first time I broke the law for greater good I'm not going to get too worried about it. As far as I am concerned baddie in this situation is her.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:53 AM

Julie, you don't even have to speak to her just post the opened letter in her mailbox, she will then know it's been read possibly by you but more important she will know she is outed. Not being sure who has read it might shut her up, don't give her the relief of knowing only you have seen it, let her stew.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top