Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:12 PM

A visit to Morrisons

A silly little incident yesterday, but nevertheless I found it very moving.

I had popped into Morrisons to get some marrow bones for my pooches, and while I was there I decided to have a sarnie and coffee for lunch.

I got my coffee and made my way to a table.
Within a few minutes of sitting down, an old man came shuffling along pushing his 3-wheel walking aid. He tried to manoeuvre it between the tables with about an inch to spare on either side.
He looked at me and smiled and said did I mind if he joined me. I said no, of course not. He shuffled about a bit more and sat down with a thump.

After getting his breath back, up he got again and came back with an even older lady. They both sat down opposite me. He told me she couldn't hear and I guess that explained her 'vacant' look as I had so often seen on my Mum's face when she also couldn't hear what was going on around her.
She reminded me so much of Mum, and I began to feel quite sad.

The old chap then proceeded to pick up her teapot and pour her tea for her. He repeated everything he said to her at least 3 times. He seemed short of breath himself, and was clearly not a well man.
He put her sugar in the cup for her, while trying to get his 3-wheeler out of people's way.

Silly gesture I know, but I slid my bag of crisps across the table to him, I didn't really want them, and thought he might like them. He beamed and tucked in. I was so pleased.

This old couple made me think. I found it very touching the way they looked after each other even though they could barely look after themselves.
It made me feel quite emotional to watch them. I wish I didn't get so emotional about things, but I do.

When I left them, they both smiled and said bye bye.
I really wanted to hug them instead of a polite goodbye.

I went back outside to the car park, and could I find my bl***y car again ? . . . Could I 'eck.
I am always doing this and it annoys and frustrates me.

So I was wandering around like a demented chicken, clutching my marrow bones, still feeling emotional, cursing and getting in a tiz, when I spotted my little car. Joy.

Who will keep an eye on me when I get old.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:17 PM

Re: A visit to Morrisons

I know what you mean Mups, just seeing a couple of Oldies holding hands makes me feel unloved!
BTW I've got a fluorescent daisy on my car aerial so I can spot it in the carpark I'd never find it otherwise
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:19 PM

Get a helium balloon and a long piece of string, tie the string to something heavy in your car boot and leave the balloon inside. When you park, open the boot, balloon will pop out and you can close the lid on the string. Should be able to find your car from miles away then.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Get a helium balloon and a long piece of string, tie the string to something heavy in your car boot and leave the balloon inside. When you park, open the boot, balloon will pop out and you can close the lid on the string. Should be able to find your car from miles away then.
A good idea.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I know what you mean Mups, just seeing a couple of Oldies holding hands makes me feel unloved!
BTW I've got a fluorescent daisy on my car aerial so I can spot it in the carpark I'd never find it otherwise

I'm exactly the same Tess. It gets to you, don't it.
What a useless pair we are.

Thanks to all for the car-finding ideas. I really must sort this.
I keep meaning to, but forget until I lose it again!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:25 PM

Or find an attractive bearded gentleman to drape himself over the bonnet, tastefully.
You might have to fight your way through the crowd of swooning women but you'd find your car easily!

Ooo! I'm on to something! I'm going to try it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-06-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Or find an attractive bearded gentleman to drape himself over the bonnet, tastefully.
You might have to fight your way through the crowd of swooning women but you'd find your car easily!

Ooo! I'm on to something! I'm going to try it!

Oooh I say, that could be more fun that a balloon Tess.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 06:35 PM

Lovely story Mups
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Lovely story Mups
Hi

Yes, it was, wasn't it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 07:24 PM

Daughters Partners Parents are like that, Mups. Neither are well, both in their early eighties & cope with a bit of home help.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top