Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 12:57 PM

Re: Attention seekers

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Luckily we don't have any members on here, at present who appear to be making up hardships. Not even man flu!
None that I've noticed anyway.
Mind you I could be gullible.
I have a severe case of man-flu and the NHS turned me away as a none urgent case, what do they know? pah

So I am setting up a charity appeal to fly me to The Canaries for some sun....a well known cure for man-flu.
Knockoutblow
Lancashire
Knockoutblow is male  Knockoutblow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Who is to decide which people are 'attention seekers' and who genuinely needs a bit of support all be it from strangers online.

For me the 'saddos' are those who are quick to judge and don't posses the ability to empathise with others..
Sorry your not a saddo?
Knockoutblow
Lancashire
Knockoutblow is male  Knockoutblow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 01:07 PM

Well said Meg!
It's sometimes easier to talk to "strangers" about things rather than close friends or family, you get a different view from those not personally involved, which can help you sort problems out.
Or maybe you/they have no real world friends?
Knockoutblow
Lancashire

13-05-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...I will give you an example of support for a 'stranger online' . I have spent many hours on our sister site Dogsey with people in distressing situations like a woman in the USA cut off by snow storms from getting veterinary attention for her injured dog. Myself and others offered suggestions to help her to make the dog comfortable and kept her company for many hours . Eventually she was able to get help for her dog and stopped posting on the site .
A year later on the anniversary of the incident the woman sent me a PM saying 'you will never know how much I appreciate the support I receive that night from yourself and your fellow members who made a never ending night bearable'.

I can give many other examples of 'online support for strangers' , ok we might have been fooled occasionally by the odd attention seeker but so what, that is far outweighed by the benefit many people have received from online support.
The people you help might be peados or rapists or murderers haha well done
Knockoutblow
Lancashire

13-05-2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Worst are the ones who pretend they have cancer and even shave their head to get sympathy and money.
Now your seeing my point angel
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Knockoutblow ->
The people you help might be peados or rapists or murderers haha well done
Looking at your last four or five posts that's probably you!
Either that or you're in stalking mood today and looking for a smack in the mouth
Knockoutblow
Lancashire

13-05-2017, 01:12 PM

It doesn't matter if you have no real friends or if you're surrounded by them, sometimes things are difficult to discuss face to face.
In fact, some who are popular feel the need to put on a brave face.
Well if you get to your 50s and can't talk straight to your friends God help you
Knockoutblow
Lancashire

13-05-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
bollocks
now here's a real saddo
Knockoutblow
Lancashire

13-05-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I tune out when people go on about their ailments, just as no doubt people would if I listed the things that are causing me pain at present. I have noticed in real life it is the people who are genuinely suffering the most, who tend not to burden others with their problems.
Exactly not the pussies that come on here with sob stories
Knockoutblow
Lancashire

13-05-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I like to think that K was not referring to members with genuine medical problems and worries.

I assumed he was referring to members who exaggerate and show off in order to draw attention to themselves.
Yes carol

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top