Join for free
Page 4 of 43 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 12:30 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 2)

the more I hear about the UK medical system i am so glad I am here. Popped along to a booked app. at our local health centre with doctor Jane - call me Jane she says!

she examined my arm rashes and remained puzzled -she had been a medical student here one year ago. anyway she retorted "do you mind if I call for some second eyes"? no said I bring it on!

In comes Bonnie - just as young but I was getting into the thrill of it all by now - two young ladies attending to me!

I was amazed at how easy one doctor could call another from down the corridor so quickly. second doc still bemused - ah got them both - so steroid ointment and return in a week with arms intact!!

oh no fees of course a totally free service including pills, potions and possitories!

Life has its compensations in the outback.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 09:49 PM

It’s nice to hear about well run health care for citizens Gumbud, ours is a total disgrace.

Well the wife and meself are off to her brothers place in Wexford tomorrow morning bright and early, won’t be back until monday sometime.

Nothing to do with going away but I was just wondering whatever happened to Chilblains? you never hear anyone complain of them anymore, people were always complaining about them and when I was a kid but I never actually saw a real live Chilblain, do they come in ones or bunches? if they found a cure for them did they do the same as they did with smallpox and keep one alive in a jar for posterity?
See you all on Monday God willing.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 10:01 PM

enjoy./
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 10:14 PM

Enjoy your weekend Jem, come back safe.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 10:17 PM

BTW, my Mum used to say don't stand close to the fire when your feet and legs are cold in winter because it caused chilblains. Don't know if there is any truth in it, but if there is, that might explain why they're not common now as most houses are central heated, so we 'thaw out' differently now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 06:56 AM

Fancied a Short Break, so I suggested to the Wife a Camping Trip, she nervously declined the idea, she said, the thought of spending the night under canvass made her feel Tentative.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Fancied a Short Break, so I suggested to the Wife a Camping Trip, she nervously declined the idea, she said, the thought of spending the night under canvass made her feel Tentative.
Why not start a camp ain? groan........
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2015, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
BTW, my Mum used to say don't stand close to the fire when your feet and legs are cold in winter because it caused chilblains. Don't know if there is any truth in it, but if there is, that might explain why they're not common now as most houses are central heated, so we 'thaw out' differently now.
"Split" chilblains were the pits.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Chilblains are patches of red, swollen and itchy skin, often caused by cold weather and sometimes made worse by poor circulation. Extremities such as the toes, fingers, nose and earlobes are most at risk. Prevention strategies include keeping the whole body warm and exercising regularly to improve peripheral circulation.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...ges/Chilblains
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2015, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Why not start a camp ain? groan........
Last time I went camping, I was continually bothered by spivs trying to sell me waterproof material, I had to put a sign on the tent "No Canvassers".

Page 4 of 43 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top