Join for free
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 08:06 PM

Re: Barmier: "The EU will not move one millimetre"

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If you check again you will see that I said the "don't know" leave voters, those who were not sure whether to vote leave or remain and decided to vote leave only after reading the media reports of a wonderful £350m extra a week for the NHS etc. I personally know more than one person in this situation. They were not obsessed with Brexit or remain, now they feel let down.
Apart from the 'more than one' (two?) people you know, how many people do you think voted to leave if they 'didn't know'?

I would argue that if they 'didn't know' they wouldn't have voted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 08:08 PM

I'm ignoring the impact of the potential bot revolution, any war that might break out and affect us. Any disruption to our largest geographically proximate market (the EU) We are currently in a very favourable economic situation and have stability in our partner trading nations. It's not likely to get any better.
No, indeed. It is likely to get a lot worse unless we leave. Another Fourth Reich.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Apart from the 'more than one' (two?) people you know, how many people do you think voted to leave if they 'didn't know'?

I would argue that if they 'didn't know' they wouldn't have voted.
There were quite a large proportion of undecideds. The estimate by the press a couple of weeks before was a third of voters. These were the ones targeted by the very aggressive and persuasive press campaigns. I have a journalist friend who said that these campaigns were well funded by people standing to gain financially from leaving.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 08:24 PM

No, indeed. It is likely to get a lot worse unless we leave. Another Fourth Reich.
We would never have been a part of such plans. We had our opt outs. We are not schengen, we are not euro, we would not be part of further integration. It's in your words our "crap" politicians who were not doing things properly here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-10-2017, 08:30 PM

There were quite a large proportion of undecideds. The estimate by the press a couple of weeks before was a third of voters. These were the ones targeted by the very aggressive and persuasive press campaigns. I have a journalist friend who said that these campaigns were well funded by people standing to gain financially from leaving.
Is it at all possible that there was also a large proportion of 'undecideds' who voted to remain?

The ones targeted by the very aggressive and persuasive Europhile press campaigns.

It's no good, Annie. I have heard so many arguments from other remainiacs and have yet to hear any concrete evidence to support them.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 08:31 PM

We would never have been a part of such plans. We had our opt outs. We are not schengen, we are not euro, we would not be part of further integration. It's in your words our "crap" politicians who were not doing things properly here.
I'll agree with that bit.
Christ, I agreed with you Annie....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-10-2017, 08:36 PM

Is it at all possible that there was also a large proportion of 'undecideds' who voted to remain?

The ones targeted by the very aggressive and persuasive Europhile press campaigns.
The remain campaign was totally rubbish and led by Cameron who was the worst person to advocate anything anyone would vote for. I have my suspicions he's actually pro-leave anyway.

The balance of those undecideds voted leave because the others were accounted for.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-10-2017, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I'll agree with that bit.
Christ, I agreed with you Annie....
Let me go check if it's a blue moon outside - oh I see it is indeed! That explains it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-10-2017, 08:43 PM

The remain campaign was totally rubbish and led by Cameron who was the worst person to advocate anything anyone would vote for. I have my suspicions he's actually pro-leave anyway.

The balance of those undecideds voted leave because the others were accounted for.
As I said, I have yet to see any concrete evidence of your assertions, probably because you haven't any.

Have you?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-10-2017, 08:50 PM

As I said, I have yet to see any concrete evidence of your assertions, probably because you haven't any.

Have you?
what assertions? The third of undecideds? It's all in press reports in the days leading up to the vote if you care to check. They were doing infinitesimal surveys and stats every week. That's why they didn't know how the vote would go, because there were so many undecideds.

Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top