Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 04:55 PM

4 weeks later roof gutter

I only did the back roof gutter a 4 weeks ago. Just checked and again cleaned and got this amount out

Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 05:48 PM

Re: 4 weeks later roof gutter

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I only did the back roof gutter a 4 weeks ago. Just checked and again cleaned and got this amount out

Perhaps it's time to put a Hedgehog in your gutter !!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hedgehog-Gu...70_&dpSrc=srch
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Perhaps it's time to put a Hedgehog in your gutter !!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hedgehog-Gu...70_&dpSrc=srch
Maybe but I don't like heights let alone going up a ladder. At least with the bit of kit I use I can clear out from ground level.
There are a couple of gutters at the front of the house out of reach to get to easily.
I don't think that "hedgehog" would prevent leaves from getting in the gulleys either. On my house this Skyvac is the best answer, but may not be for all properties
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-11-2017, 01:47 PM

Result of above
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-12-2017, 12:28 PM

That is the front roof gutter done and yet another lot of leaves that won't be blocking the down pipes. There was one lump of roof cement down one of them big enough to not go down the Skyvac pipe which could have caused problems later on. Also a small bit of roof tile (small corner section) also picked up by the vacuum cleaner.

Just goes to show it is a part of the house maintenance so overlooked which can cause serious problems later on.

OK the Skyvac Atom version isn't that cheap .Compare it with the number of times I would have had to get someone else to do the job and yes it is cheaper by far.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top