Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:43 PM

Re: Members Meeting up???

I met up with one online forum friend, quite some years ago, as she lived in Whitstable, a walking distance from my aunt and uncle. When Mum and I had a visit to the relatives, I arranged to pop round to this lady. She was nervous about meeting, as was I, but it turned out fine.

Lost touch over the years because the forum is no longer going, and can't remember her email address.

I can see where it might prove daunting for most people. Even I am shy and nervous around people, even my own close family! I would stick by my Mum at every 'do'. Once I get to know people, and they me, I can relax.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Completely agree people I have met because we have been great friends on forums have turned out to be very different in real life. Not horrible people just not who I thought they were.
I agree with you Julie, I have met face to face a couple of people from Dogsey but we both had a common interest (Our dogs) so that was OK.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:56 PM

You're all invited to our next Steampunk Meet-up, in costume of course!
Get yer goggles out!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
You're all invited to our next Steampunk Meet-up, in costume of course!
Get yer goggles out!
...... and grow your beards!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:58 PM

Ssssshhhh you'll set me off!

National Beard Championship in Bath next month!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 07:33 AM

Ive had a few meets over the years, always with same interest groups and they have been enjoyable.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 08:35 AM

I have mental images of all the folks I regularly interact with in Over 50's Forum.

I have no wish to actually meet up with anyone, it would spoil the bubble.

No offence intended, but for me the FORUM is the thing.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I have mental images of all the folks I regularly interact with in Over 50's Forum.

I have no wish to actually meet up with anyone, it would spoil the bubble.

No offence intended, but for me the FORUM is the thing.
So do I RJ - wonder if we're right !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 10:46 PM

Yes, stuff is probably best left On-Line, no one in real life can match their On-Line persona, I was convinced of this before there was an Internet.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 10:57 PM

I think you can get an inkling of what someone is like before you meet them, but obviously can't completely tell what they'll be like in the real world!!

I think if you do think you have a connection, well why not meet? I also know that some people just want to have a cyber friendship. It's up to the individual. I have to say that I've come across members online, near my area, who I would probably choose not to meet with. I just have a feeling that it would be a one off and go nowhere.

My wee group of Scottish pals are meeting up on 9th August to go to Edinburgh, on the new trams, followed by a nice lunch and a wee glass or two of wine. Anyone is free to join us .

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top