Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 11:41 AM

Re: cool, cool Australia!

A great place indeed, only problem is it's too far away.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Everything is relative. Anyway, that's the theory.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 01:24 PM

i had a relative once but he wasn't good at theory?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 02:17 PM

I have relatives living in Australia that I've never seen, my brothers son went there in the 1990's and married an English girl, I've met her once but they have three children and I've never met them, he's been with the police force since he went there, must have shares in it by now.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 03:58 PM

oh well if he's in the police force should be easy to trace. remember a mate fo mine when we we sixteen and I contacted the cheshire police and they contacted him and put in touch
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've lived in Africa, the only thing there I didn't like was the spiders. Not bothered by snakes or anything else, just spiders and some people!
Likewise Tessa, mind you I wasn't too happy when I found there was a cobra in the swimming pool with me, I didn't know I could move that fast in water
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2015, 03:40 PM

How I remember the terrific heat of S. Australia where I lived in Noarlunga for 8 yrs. I remember getting under a cool shower, not drying myself and laying on a towel on the sitting room floor, just to get cool. I still have a photo that OH took when I lay in my tummy, much to the disgust of a son. I was so hot, I was beyond caring. We then had no air conditioning in 1975 so couldn't escape it.

I wasn't afraid of snakes and spiders as I could avoid them, but hated the ants and flies of all colours and sizes and so many of them, even in the sand on the beach. I did avoid the sea once I had seen in a museum what could be in it.

A lovely country though but just not for me. I have been back as a visitor to my son who was a boy apprentice in the Australian air force and still works for the Australian military, now in Canberra.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-07-2015, 04:35 PM

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...-in-kimberley/

says it all real - cool Australia!
Fiveaus
New Member!
Victoria, Australia
Fiveaus is female 

06-07-2015, 01:06 AM

It's not that hot where I live, even in summer. We get the opccasional scorcher but mostly it's a reasonable temperature, then a bit cooler in winter.
I don't think I could live further north, I don't do well in the heat.

I was born in Australia, I've always lived in rural areas (and I currently live in a very rural area) and I've only ever seen 3 snakes. And one of those was about 6 inches long. As for spiders, I don't know anyone who's ever been bitten, they're easy enough to avoid.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

06-07-2015, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Fiveaus ->
It's not that hot where I live, even in summer. We get the opccasional scorcher but mostly it's a reasonable temperature, then a bit cooler in winter.
I don't think I could live further north, I don't do well in the heat.

I was born in Australia, I've always lived in rural areas (and I currently live in a very rural area) and I've only ever seen 3 snakes. And one of those was about 6 inches long. As for spiders, I don't know anyone who's ever been bitten, they're easy enough to avoid.
I was in Ballarat Xmas of 2013 and it hit 40C ?

mind you in the winter of 2014 we went and had a picnic at Hanging Rock and there was still remants of snow drifts on the roadside!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top