Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Fiveaus
New Member!
Victoria, Australia
Fiveaus is female 

06-07-2015, 01:48 AM

Re: cool, cool Australia!

I'm not near Ballarat, I'm further south east, and it's definitely cooler here in summer (although we get the occasional 40 degree day where we all sit around and complain about the heat) and milder in winter. Ballarat is notorious for being particularly cold in the winter months.
Nice place though, lots of interesting history there.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 01:58 AM

yes I still miss Ballarat, the English style pubs and the Victorian style houses etc - only problem is it's built on a big hill!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
... there are some places i wouldn't want to live - take Queensland for example - too hot; hurricanes; floods and fires ....
WHAT !?

Queensland - "Beautiful one day, perfect the next"
(A tourist advertising slogan from a few years ago).

But there's no accounting for wimps.

Oh hang on, this explains it
"having been born in UK and lived there for the first third of my life"
Bloody whinging Poms
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 05:42 AM

Queensland politics - dubious ever since it ran a police state with Jobbo one canobi!

current govt struggling a bit?

how's the sugar cane industry and tobacco goin these days. too many cyclones for my likin!

and the brisbane customs have just snagged a box of my cigars from USA!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 05:32 PM

Trust me, Gummy, Joh Bjelke Petersen was no friend of mine !

We crossed swords over an environmental issue and I reckon I'm one of very few who beat him.
Not without cost, however ...
My phone was bugged, I was followed around in cars, I had a Police Special Branch file .... all manner of nasty stuff.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

09-07-2015, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Trust me, Gummy, Joh Bjelke Petersen was no friend of mine !

We crossed swords over an environmental issue and I reckon I'm one of very few who beat him.
Not without cost, however ...
My phone was bugged, I was followed around in cars, I had a Police Special Branch file .... all manner of nasty stuff.
ah that's when you were diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia??
Pumicestone
Australia

10-07-2015, 04:26 PM

Not really.
I'll scratch around and find some 30+ year-old press clippings for you.
Aussie61
Australia
Aussie61 is male 

27-05-2016, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
And flies.

But it's a beautiful place , I was in South Australia last year for a few weeks.

I told my children if they emigrate I'm going with them .
Thats my home state.Glad you liked it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
get away from those oppressive summer temps in Uk and have a nice cool sunshine hol in OZ. all major cities below 20C with plenty of sunshine - just avoid Darwin which is always too hot!
I've just returned from Darwin it was perfect - 32'C every day - love it.

The last two nights have been down to single figures at night which is too cold for me and the old hot water bottle came out last night.

Interesting report on the wireless this morning - the only way the Illawarra will NOT have a record breaking warm Autumn is if the maximum temperature does not get above 1'C each day until the end of the month. As it gets down to 1'C at night about once every couple of decades that is not going to happen.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-06-2016, 11:01 PM

Oz is in the frenzy of election fever at the moment and the two major parties seem to be neck and neck - anyone want to put any money on the coalition or labor? I just love ozzie politics compared to UK. It's down to earth call a spade a spade and no one carries any plums in their mouths!

We are now in our dry 'winter' months 20C at 5am and 30C by lunch time. Ah well must get back to my coolie and cuban. Definitely no deckchairs couldn't bare the shame of one!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top