Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 04:22 PM

Re: Aluminium and toxic free deodorants

I am so vain-I use very costly smellies. And never,ever buy Lynx. It does not attract babes it causes choking fits in the gym changing room
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by older git ->
i am so vain-i use very costly smellies. And never,ever buy lynx. It does not attract babes it causes choking fits in the gym changing room
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Ok, could you cite say 3-5 of them please?
Some of them have already been cited on this thread.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 06:43 PM

Don't use deodorants just have a bath at the end of the month whether I need it or not.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Some of them have already been cited on this thread.
No I don't see any.

I saw a couple of links to DEORDORANTS by Mups and Ruthio but no examples of ANTI-PERSPIRANTS that do not contain Aluminium or Alum compounds.

Regardless, the deodorants cited by Mups and Ruthio both contain Potassium Alum, which is just yet more "kidology" aimed at duping the easily led.

There are plenty of articles explaining this. There is a good debate/explanation of the different Alums here:

http://corneliadum.com/wpen/deodorants/

and more views in these links:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...eodorants.aspx

http://healthwyze.org/reports/327-be...l-natural-ones

The bottom line, regardless, is this. Sweating is a natural bodily process and one that we should NOT attempt to obstruct. It allows the skin to detox. So to my mind the answer is to mask the smell of sweat rather than trying to stop the sweat. Hence we look at deodorants rather than anti-perspirants and of course we need to find deodorants that contain no Aluminium or Alum compounds.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 07:07 PM

Soft and Gentle do an aluminium free one, I believe.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Soft and Gentle do an aluminium free one, I believe.
Nope, just more clever marketing. Ingredients are:

Butane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Isobutane, Potassium Alum, Dimethicone, Parfum, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate

Good old Potassium Alum in there just like all the other products in the same field.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 07:30 PM

http://www.softandgentle.co.uk/

Is this no good then, Realist?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Is this no good then, Realist?
Nope, as I said above. Those were its ingredients I listed.

Stating something is "Aluminium free" and putting an Alum compound in it is like saying Tomato Sauce has no tomatoes. It's untrue, misleading and nothing but a terminology marketing gimmick.

You don't want any Aluminium OR Alum compound under your armpits imo.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2016, 10:20 PM

Don't use any of these products, I stink, but, on the positive side, I will live forever.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top