Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 11:34 PM

Re: Does anyone remember this ...

I remember all those programs, I used to listen to Dan Dare Pilot of the future too, good memories.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 11:35 PM

Oh Yes! And 'Riders of the Range' - also written by Charles Chilton, or so I believe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 12:17 AM

Does anyone remember Dick Barton, Special Agent?

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I remember all those programs, I used to listen to Dan Dare Pilot of the future too, good memories.
Dan Dare was in the Eagle comic.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Does anyone remember Dick Barton, Special Agent?

Yes - we listened to that one as well. I think it used to alternate with Journey in Space and Riders of the Range - somewhere around 7:00pm. Happy days
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 10:26 AM

Currently listening too the Paul Coke and Majorie Westbury version of "Paul Temple"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
. JOURNEY INTO SPACE

Radio series in the 1950s - on the BBC Home Service! It was my dad's favourate radio programme and woe betide anyone who interrupted.

Starring:-
Andrew Faulds as Captain Andrew (Jet) Morgan

Guy Kingsley Poynter as Doctor Daniel (Doc) Matthews

Bruce Beeby}
Don Sharp} all played Stephen (Mitch) Mitchell in various episodes
David Williams}

David Kossoff as Lemuel (Lemmy) Barnet in series 2
Alfie Bass as Lemmy in series 1 and 3

David Jacobs as just about everybody else - including the announcer.

I have it all on disc - and still love listening to it - although some of it is a bit dated now e.g, meals consisting of orange juice and vacuum packed sandwiches, or Lemmy not realising about weightlessness! It is still good fun.

I don't remember Journey into space - a bit before my time, but it sounds like the sort of thing I would have listened to. I love all the 50's space films but unfortunately they are not shown much these days.

My favourite series was Lost in Space.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I remember that Jem, I think it was on Radio Luxembourg wasn't it ..... I believe the man who was the voice of Dan Dare was also the voice of Dick Barton
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I remember that Jem, I think it was on Radio Luxembourg wasn't it ..... I believe the man who was the voice of Dan Dare was also the voice of Dick Barton
"Dan Dare is a British science fiction comic hero, created by illustrator Frank Hampson who also wrote the first stories.[1] Dare appeared in the Eagle comic story Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future from 1950 to 1967 (and subsequently in reprints), and dramatised seven times a week on Radio Luxembourg (1951–1956)" Wiki

Yes Mags, It was in the Eagle comic but I knew I remembered it on radio too as I'd listen with my brother every time it was on.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Journey into Space doesn't ring any bells with me ST.

The only programmes I can really remember from those days are Jimmy Clitheroe and Judith Chalmers(?) and Cliff Mitchelmore with the BFPO forces programme.

edited:

Just googled - it was Jean Metcalfe and it was called Two-Way Family Favourites. Isn't Google wonderful

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top