Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antonio94
New Member!
England
Antonio94 is male 

23-06-2017, 04:35 PM

Back Pain and Posture Problem?

Currently I'm having a serious back pain and I don't really know why. My friends often said that it's due to my excessive time working in wrong position, and so they advice to get something like posture corrector. However, I'm wishing for another alternatives.
Thanks beforehand!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 04:46 PM

Re: Back Pain and Posture Problem?

See a McTimoney chiropractor.
David Schutz
New Member!
Santa Cruz, CA
David Schutz is male 

23-06-2017, 07:13 PM

Depends on where the back pain is. I had lower back pain for over 10 years, and after cross-referencing dozens of websites, I settled on a number of exercises to correct the back pain. After committing to 30 minutes per day of going through the exercises, it was less than 2 weeks before my back pain was gone. Gone.

Do you get that? 10 years of back pain, GONE after 2 weeks of 30 minutes per day of exercising. No doctors visit. Honestly, I felt like an idiot for not doing something years earlier.

I’m not saying you’ll have the same result, but I do recommend you try.

Here’s what I did:
The exercises:
Alternate one-leg bridges, with just your heel on the floor.
Planks
Left Side Planks
Right Side Planks
Supermans
Bird Dogs

The program:
Rotate through the exercises. Hold each pose for 10 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds, repeat 5 times, then go to the next pose. Rotate through the exercise for 30 minutes. If that’s too much, start with rotating through everything for 10 minutes, then steadily increase the total time until you get to 30 minutes.

Hope that helps. I’ve recommended this exact program to about 10 of my friends, and all of them have enjoyed a complete cessation of their back pain.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:18 PM

please explain those positions more clearly, they don't relate to anything I can think of at present. Bird dog???? Supermans???? also the others.
I did go to sleep on a plank once, the following morning I woke up board stiff
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 09:30 PM

I've been getting a lot of back pain recently, I think it's because someone's been peeing up it......
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 09:37 PM

Rowing machine for forty years
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:38 PM

Seek medical advice before starting exercises. Pilates might help.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Seek medical advice before starting exercises. Pilates might help.

I agree Cinders. Until he knows what the problem is, he could be making it worse instead of better.

Apart from that, sorry, but I agree with Realspeed, and saying names like Bird dog and Superman probably mean nothing to someone who has perhaps never trained before.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 06:21 AM

I had a terrible back problem earlier this year. I knew what caused it I was acting daft with my grandson on a trampoline so it was my own fault.

The doctor said I had pulled a muscle, honest the pain was awful. I did everything to try solve it, exercise physio but it just got worse. I was in constant pain and I couldn't sleep,

I went back to the docs and she said all my muscles were tensed up with the pain and I needed to relax she gave me sleeping pills, I was loathe to take them but, hey presto a few good nights sleep and good as new.

Sometimes there are simple solutions, go to the docs
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 06:31 AM

Hi

Lucky really, never had any serious long term back problems.

I am doing a thing called gentle Pilates at the moment, which does help with the odd twinge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top