Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 08:26 PM

Re: Blushberry and Cannabis

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Sadly Ive heard all too much about the benefits of CBD oil.

Most of them vastly over exagerated. A while back we had some friends to vist and they are great fans of this stuff , I nearly smacked one of them as she tried to tell my neighbour that his mothers cancer could have been stopped or cured if only he had used CBD.

I do know people who use it with great effect, one lady has been able to give up the nasty gel she had to drink to keep her bowels working and she has been able to give up her 3 pain killers each day by replacing them with 8 drops of oil.
It also helps lower the blood sugar in diabetes sufferers,
It does help relaxation and pain relief but it is NOT a cure.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317221.php
Exactly.....it's not a cure but it can be seen as a miracle to some pain sufferers.

I will never criticise those that take it for medical reasons as long as it doesn't interfere with professional advice.

BTW, many many doctors approve of its use but only in private.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Exactly.....it's not a cure but it can be seen as a miracle to some pain sufferers.

I will never criticise those that take it for medical reasons as long as it doesn't interfere with professional advice.

BTW, many many doctors approve of its use but only in private.
It did interfere with professional advice Tpin. The doctors wanted him to begin treatment when he was first diagnosed, approximately 4 months ago now. Richard refused, he was quite adamant that his friends knew people who had been cured by taking this stuff, but it obviously hasn't worked for him. He was told this morning that the tumour has grown significantly.

I've spent over an hour talking to him on the phone this evening, he's now wishing he'd listened to the doctors, but it's done now, it's just a wait and see situation. I have yet to talk to his daughter, I'll do that later. His wife, as usual, has literally just turned to the bottle.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It did interfere with professional advice Tpin. The doctors wanted him to begin treatment when he was first diagnosed, approximately 4 months ago now. Richard refused, he was quite adamant that his friends knew people who had been cured by taking this stuff, but it obviously hasn't worked for him. He was told this morning that the tumour has grown significantly.

I've spent over an hour talking to him on the phone this evening, he's now wishing he'd listened to the doctors, but it's done now, it's just a wait and see situation. I have yet to talk to his daughter, I'll do that later. His wife, as usual, has literally just turned to the bottle.
Sorry to hear the route he chose to go down failed clumsy. I hope he doesn't beat himself up for wanting to go that way though. He went with what he wanted to do at the time.

I hope things work out with the radiotherapy treatment.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 12:10 AM

Thank you Pesta. I have now spoken to Julie, daughter, and she has spoken to her dad. Julie will support him as best she can, we will do the same from here. It's such a difficult situation, especially for Julie, as her mother just sees everything through a bottle of Vodka. I spoke to her mother over the weekend and as usual she promised me she would get her act together and not drink.........she knows damned well I don't believe her for a second. Richard and his wife have been very close friends of mine since we were more or less just kids, so we have very few, if any, secrets. It really is a very difficult situation all round.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Thank you Pesta. I have now spoken to Julie, daughter, and she has spoken to her dad. Julie will support him as best she can, we will do the same from here. It's such a difficult situation, especially for Julie, as her mother just sees everything through a bottle of Vodka. I spoke to her mother over the weekend and as usual she promised me she would get her act together and not drink.........she knows damned well I don't believe her for a second. Richard and his wife have been very close friends of mine since we were more or less just kids, so we have very few, if any, secrets. It really is a very difficult situation all round.
Yes I can see that clumsy. It's a shame his wife has a problem with the booze - not going to be much help for him, nor Julie if she's sozzled most of the time.

The good thing is that you don't have to pussy foot around with them having known them since childhood. He will perhaps want to offload his worries or fears onto you, rather than upsetting his daughter. It's all very sad and I do hope you won't feel overwhelmed or bogged down with your own worry for him plus shouldering theirs.

(Not writing very well what I want to get across, hopefully you understand what I mean)
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

06-02-2018, 12:56 AM

Thank you so much Pesta. I understand perfectly what you are saying. It does all get me down at times, mainly because this last few years I've become a sort of "adopted mum" to the families of my three closest friends who have died. Three young adults in the UK, the youngest two of my Finnish friend's young adult children and the son of my friend from the south of France, he currently lives and works in Sweden, but still calls me for "mum" type advice. I truly don't mind, my friends were more like family than just friends and, well they have to know someone is there for them don't you think? Strange really because I am not at all the "mumsy" type. My son refers to me as "little but lethal" !

I just feel that I can't let any of them down, if they want to talk, they know they can. At the present time of course it's Julie who needs my support, so she gets it to the best of my ability, she doesn't have anyone else she can turn to who know her parents as well as I do, and Mr Clumsy too of course. Mr Clumsy did know them before we were married, but only in passing really, he certainly got to know them better afterwards !

Thanks again Pesta, I appreciate your comments.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 01:07 AM

Clumsy

|Please accept my apologies.

I have arrived late to this thread and I was under the impression it was a new thread,

How? I do not know.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

06-02-2018, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Clumsy

|Please accept my apologies.

I have arrived late to this thread and I was under the impression it was a new thread,

How? I do not know.
No problem Tpin. I just thought it silly to start a new thread on the same matter. No need to apologise at all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 09:59 AM

Sad situation clumsy only thing I will say is I hope the friends have learned a lesson and won't be suggesting this to others !

I hope the new course of treatment helps him, and don't be too hard on his wife I am betting she is scared to death and just coping best she can.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

06-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Thanks Julie. I think it's more prolonging life than anything else now, Richard's condition is terminal, so the doctor's keep keep telling him. As for Sandra, his wife, well over the years she has become alcoholic, which as you can imagine has not made for a particularly happy life, despite going from "rags to riches". I'm the only friend she has left, but although I've always been the only one who could ever deal with her, the last few years I've found my patience wearing a bit thin too. I can only see some kind of tragedy occurring before too much longer, it really is inevitable. Sandra's only concern these days seems to be that she has to pay tax on the thousands of pounds she receives every quarter, not the fact that her little dog was so ill (evidently he is fine now, according to Richard), not the fact that Richard has been given a death sentence, just the fact that she has to pay tax on all her, basically unearned money.

Julie will only have contact with her mother now when absolutely necessary, she walked away from the big house built for her and new part of the windmill farm that was signed over to her, and she and her husband and son now live in rented property elsewhere, it really is that bad.

I'm not going to phone again now until the weekend, but Richard or Julie will let me know of any developments. Thanks again Julie. (forum Julie that is, not the daughter Julie).

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top