Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 09:06 AM

Re: Light bulbs

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I have noticed the colour change on the base of the globe last time one failed. Now I know why.
I'm looking forward to the next one giving up the ghost so I can do a few experiments. But I think it's gonna be LEDs for the immediate future as far as I'm concerned.
And I'll keep wondering what kind of lighting they'll come up with next.
Unfortunately the UK is heading for the Dark Ages so it will probably be animal fat lamps for us in the future.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Unfortunately the UK is heading for the Dark Ages so it will probably be animal fat lamps for us in the future.
Surely, it can't be all that bad, but I've got some left over birthday candles I can let you have.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 10:33 AM

I still have lots of the old type bulbs that l stockpiled when the EEC ?banned them?
There are also places locally, that still have them on sale.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Okay - I am in the minority. Love these 'new' bulbs. So seldom have the problem of changing them. Indeed, one of the first ones I got was when I was in my old house - in my bedroom ceiling light - Had it about two years, and when I moved out 14 years ago brought it with me and put into my bedroom here. It still works perfectly!!!
The same in my sitting room, have a centre ceiling light which takes the candle bulbs. With the older ones, it seemed that I was having to change one or two of the five every winter. Since I changed them all for the newer ones about ten years back, have never had replace any of them. And, they cost me less to have on. Great stuff!!! Threw out all my old type light bulbs about three years ago. Tried to sell them at car boot, and nobody was interested.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top