Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:21 PM

Re: Do you exercise?

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It was in reply to the last paragraph by Old Grey Fox in post #13, in which he gave me the impression, rightly or wrongly, that anyone not interested should not have an opinion on the matter and by saying that he sounded rather fanatical to me...
Fair enough. I'll leave that little difference of opinion between the two of you. I assumed perhaps erroneously that you were were labelling those who enjoy a certain amount of exercise as 'fanatics'.
As you were bud
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:27 PM

It was in reply to the last paragraph by Old Grey Fox in post #13, in which he gave me the impression, rightly or wrongly, that anyone not interested should not have an opinion on the matter and by saying that he sounded rather fanatical to me...
I am happy that you enjoy exercising Floydy, but we don't all find it all consuming, to such as me gardening, diy or walking the dogs is just a part of the day nothing more, and is done for the pleasure, not the effect.

No, not fanatical Barry. But Floydy was inviting anyone who was interested in exercising to share their experiences on this thread because there seems to be just three or four people who are regular contributors and I believe there are more people on the forum who enjoy exercising and it would be interesting to hear their stories.

I suggested that there might be more suitable threads for someone who is so averse to exercising, for example, I don't post on the gardening thread because I know very little about gardening so I leave it to the experts. Having said that Barry, this thread is open to all, as is the gardening thread, so your contribution would be gratefully received.....Perhaps you might like to run a 10K road race in the near future, you might be surprised, some people find running in their later life....I could train you....And you could design my garden?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Calling all fifty-plussers, we need your input on the "Post your daily exercise routine" thread

If you belong a gym or go for a jog, or a swim. Even if you just walk the dog around the block, tell us your adventures in the thread.

At the moment there are fundamentally just the three of us who regularly post, but I'm of the feeling that there must be more folk on here who do some kind of exercise to keep their basic fitness in tow. And we all love a good natter don't we?

So don't be shy folks, get stuck in
Of course. I am very keen on health-giving exercise.

Every morning, without fail, UP-DOWN, UP-DOWN, UP-DOWN, FIFTY TIMES.

Then the other eyelid.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Of course. I am very keen on health-giving exercise.

Every morning, without fail, UP-DOWN, UP-DOWN, UP-DOWN, FIFTY TIMES.

Then the other eyelid.
You worried me for a minute there JBR....up down every morning?! The mind boggles
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Perhaps you might like to run a 10K road race in the near future, you might be surprised, some people find running in their later life....I could train you....And you could design my garden?
Haha you really couldn't pay me enough to run 10 yards never mind 10k, but I'll gladly have a look at your plot next time I'm passing...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 10:09 AM

Haha you really couldn't pay me enough to run 10 yards never mind 10k, but I'll gladly have a look at your plot next time I'm passing...
Fair Enough Barry...
CrosbyCulbert
New Member!
Melbourne
CrosbyCulbert is male 

13-02-2018, 03:37 PM

Great idea of starting this threat and by posting your daily exercise routine help us in sticking with workout plans.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by CrosbyCulbert ->
Great idea of starting this threat and by posting your daily exercise routine help us in sticking with workout plans.
Who threatened who?
I'm exercising of my own accord Crosby!

Welcome if you're a newbie!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

20-02-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Who threatened who?
I'm exercising of my own accord Crosby!

Welcome if you're a newbie!
Lol. Tell he's a newbie he's at OFF's elementary school learning to spell! Or maybe it is a threat to him....
Only joking Crosby, get involved bud. Be good to see you in the 'Post Your Daily Exercise' threat, er, I mean thread!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 06:24 PM

I try to swim 3-4 times a week and I've started walking to aid my weightloss. I am a member of the gym but I only use the pool in there really. I keep thinking I should get my moneys worth and start using the gym too but I can't be arsed lol

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top