Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:49 PM

Gall stone Operation.

Today my daughter-in-law was admitted for a gall stone op. She went to theatre at 8.15 a.m. and rang at 2.30 p.m. to say that she was ready to be collected.

How times have changed, when I had my op I was in hospital for ten days. She plans to be back working by this time next week. Amazing..
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:25 PM

Re: Gall stone Operation.

Sounds like it went well for her CeeCee ... and she's raring to escape.
All those people who hate hospitals, and that's most of us, are big fans of this 'day surgery' even if some of it does sniff a bit sometimes of NHS bed clearance.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Morty, she was in a private hospital (work insurance). However, the poor girl had only had a hysterectomy in September, so had only just recovered from that. Why thy. couldn't have combined the two ops at the same time, only one anaesthetic, I do not know. Money grabbing I expect.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:51 PM

Whipping gall bladders out is big buisness sadly. Millions of Americans are steered down that route every year.

It's a shame because people can do a gall bladder flush quite naturally at home to flush out gall stones.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Whipping gall bladders out is big buisness sadly. Millions of Americans are steered down that route every year.

It's a shame because people can do a gall bladder flush quite naturally at home to flush out gall stones.
Not quite true when they get too big surgery is the only answer. If you have never suffered from extreme pain like I did sorry you don't have a clue

What is amazing is the op is what is called "keyhole surgery"
What they did with me is make 3 incisions, one to blow up the area big enough to work in The second incision above he belly button to enable gall bladder removals and a third for clamps to stop bleeding.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:13 PM

How silly -I would like to see anyone do a gall bladder flush to flush out a one and three quarter inch stone -I believe it would kill them if they tried it at home.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:21 PM

Anything that shortens a hospital stay...I'm all for it.

Hope your daughter in law feels better for it CeeCee.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
How silly -I would like to see anyone do a gall bladder flush to flush out a one and three quarter inch stone -I believe it would kill them if they tried it at home.
yes try passing something golf ball size as they can get that big.
I don't think Realist actually knows much about it
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
yes try passing something golf ball size as they can get that big.
I don't think Realist actually knows much about it
I still have my gall bladder stone in a specimen bottle. They gave it to me as a memento and I was amazed at the size of it. There was no way I could have got rid of it other than by having surgery. The pain was indescribable.
CeeCee
UK

08-02-2018, 08:45 PM

How on earth would you "flush" a stone the size of a large marble, which is what hers was.??

When I had mine removed, there were five stones, which at times had me rolling on the floor in agony. I was offered them in a specimen bottle, but I told them that I was just glad to see the back of them...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top