Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 01:53 AM

The weather can make you sick...

In the olden days, people would say something like this:

Anna's mother is in bed, she is "under the weather"

"Under the weather".....they knew way back then, that the weather was making us sick.

When it is going to rain, I quite often get a migraine, or certain joints in my body ache.
I also noticed that I get dry eyes and they can be very painful.

We can't do anything about the weather...so we just have to suffer through it. It is so hard to make plans. When my friends invite me out to lunch or something, I have to quickly look up the weather forecast. That is what will make up my mind whether I can go or not.

Are you affected? And how do you feel the day before a storm? I have heard that the UK get's a lot of rain...perhaps you are so used to it, that it doesn't bother you.

My mom was from Scotland, and she was badly affected by the weather once she got to Canada. She came when she was only 16, so I don't know if she was affected when she was in Scotland or not......

Anybody like to share your experiences? This topic really interests me. All replies will be welcomed.......thanks.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 03:11 AM

Re: The weather can make you sick...

I know when the weather is going to change for the worse...some of the bones I've broken over the past years give a lot of pain.

When I was in Spain I never felt any pain from them even when it turned damp.,
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:52 AM

I am Irish, Blue, we tend to be quite pragmatic about the weather!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am Irish, Blue, we tend to be quite pragmatic about the weather!

I live there, I quite understand

If I let the effect of the weather stop me doing things I might as well climb into my box now
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:07 AM

My arthritis and COPD is worse when we have low pressure. I know that on wet days my exercise tolerance will be even more limited. Like today, when I also obliged to go out, some am dreading the pain.

My Gran always said "It is going to rain, my screws are getting worse"
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:58 AM

My joints get worse in damp and humid weather.
I think I've developed trench foot from living in the Swamplands.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:04 AM

Nah,the weather here in Scotland doesn't affect My health though it may affect My mood if it rains constantly,but like Missy and ST...I'm used to it..the only thing that keeps Me indoors is icy pavements,but walking in the freezing cold really helps My arthritic joints as it numbs the pain
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:47 AM

My grandad and I seem to have inherited it from him used to know when snow was coming, diarrhoea and tummy pains. He knew a day or two ahead, I only know the day before.

My husbands knees are much worse in cold wet weather. Also I think he has SAD a bit, he is more down over the winter, much happier in spring and summer sun.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:51 AM

I'm not affected by bad weather really except that it really p****s me off. It's just soooo boring.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:39 PM

I don't get on with muggy, humid weather - but that is so rare in Scotland.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top