Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Re: Panic attacks

See that ... Ffosse and I are rooting for ya!!

Let us know when you get back home. Tell us how it felt...we will be waiting to hear.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Hope your appointment goes well.
Aww Ffosse...it did go well, thank you.
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:10 PM

Hi Blue and Ffosse...it's so much easier to stay inside with my drapes drawn. But, today I really tried my best to go through with my appt. and surprisingly, with a little support...I made it.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:17 PM

I never used to have panic attacks,although I often felt very anxious about something,then about September last year I ha an chest / ear and eye infection, I had to put drops in my ear and eyes which made them blurry,I couldnt see I dreaded laying down or going to sleep ,then panicked at the start of my MRI scan so it had to be cancelled, I have been under my DRs and taken to Hospital a few times because I couldnt breath at night and have been told I have Asthma.I came out of Hospital a week ago after 5 days, I was put on a nebuliser several times there but they wont let me have a nebuliser at home, so I go to bed at night hoping I dont have any problems, I dont want to go back to Hospital again
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
There’s a whole lot of difference between feeling panicky/anxious about a situation and a true panic attack which has nothing to do with those feelings.
A panic attack as others who’ve had them know come from nowhere .
Mine are related to specific fears and phobias. Some days those fears are amplified for some reason and I feel panicky. Other days the same situation doesn't make me feel so bad. But it's always linked to being out of control of something that I fear.

Different people have different experiences of panic. One of my best friends has night terrors. Once we were on holiday and she woke up screaming. It sounds terrifying as when you wake you feel there is a malignant presence in the room. We had to sleep with one of the lights on after that. It's apparently quite common. The same friend has had panic attacks when in crowds. So I wonder how many here also suffer night terrors.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue and Ffosse...it's so much easier to stay inside with my drapes drawn. But, today I really tried my best to go through with my appt. and surprisingly, with a little support...I made it.
Excellent! Well done Filly.
Beautiful Filly

16-02-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Excellent! Well done Filly.
Aww, thank you so much, Longdogs...and my Gracie was so happy to welcome me back home too...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 09:40 PM

Glad you made the effort; at various times in my life I've suffered crippling panic attacks and have resorted to breathing exercises, mindfulness and other CBT techniques - all very useful.

Sooner or later, something will replace the panic for you and you won't know what it is.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 06:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear how you are suffering panic attacks. I have suffered many years with panic attacks but I am so grateful that they seem to have subsided now. I still do get the odd one but I have learned how to manage them. The 2 worst panic attacks I ever had were one where i was out shopping with my niece and i had a trolley full of food, the panic came over me and the fear I felt was horrendous I just left my trolley in the middle of the supermarket and ran out, it was horrible. The other was when I had got out of my car to walk to a shop and I was walking on what I can only describe as sticky, HUGE sponges, the feeling was so scary and I'm so grateful to never had another attack like that again. I won't ever forget it though! Panic attacks are very real and can manifest themselves in a lot of different ways, all of them terribly frightening for the affected. My saviour was reading a book by Dr Claire Weekes, Self Help For Your Nerves. When I read that book I was reading about ME and it made me realise I wasn't going to die after all and it made me feel so much better just knowing that I wasn't alone.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm sorry to hear how you are suffering panic attacks. I have suffered many years with panic attacks but I am so grateful that they seem to have subsided now. I still do get the odd one but I have learned how to manage them. The 2 worst panic attacks I ever had were one where i was out shopping with my niece and i had a trolley full of food, the panic came over me and the fear I felt was horrendous I just left my trolley in the middle of the supermarket and ran out, it was horrible. The other was when I had got out of my car to walk to a shop and I was walking on what I can only describe as sticky, HUGE sponges, the feeling was so scary and I'm so grateful to never had another attack like that again. I won't ever forget it though! Panic attacks are very real and can manifest themselves in a lot of different ways, all of them terribly frightening for the affected. My saviour was reading a book by Dr Claire Weekes, Self Help For Your Nerves. When I read that book I was reading about ME and it made me realise I wasn't going to die after all and it made me feel so much better just knowing that I wasn't alone.
That's a very good book you reference, quite old now but containing valuable advice.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top