Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:05 AM

Blame Game on Baby Boomers.

Okay you fellow crusty boomers. Just thought I would ask how are you all faring as the outcasts in today's society.

Contrary to belief, we boomers between the age of 50 and 70, born after World War II ,are not all healthy, wealthy and idle, but seemingly very convenient as a scapegoat for all the woes of the world, according to the younger generation.

Is it our fault that we had the good fortune to be born within 20 years after the War ended? Many now seem to think so. From environmental destruction, the economy, housing, welfare, pensions, unemployment, tuition fees,you name it, it has been laid at our door.

David Willets, former government minister, has even written a book about us, titled.

"How The Babyboomers Took Their Children's Future - And Why They Should Give It Back". Very nice. There are even Lobby groups trying to pursuade the Government to embark on a programme of "interchangeable generation rebalancing " in other words, taking off granny and giving to baby George.

It really seems the term Baby Boomer is treated as a form of abuse today. How on earth does it benefit anyone for their children and grandchildren to be told that their future has already been "taken"?

I know that we Baby Boomers were born in large numbers after the War, and in any other time, because we had free health for everything, free university and cheap housing, it would have been seen as a good thing. But it seems that now our children and grandchildren are experiencing hardship that has never been seen before, it has now come down to blame over the unequal sharing of the Pie. Hence, discussion in some places where Voluntary Euthanasia is even discussed as a means of solving the current generations woes. Sigh!.

Do the younger generation really see all Baby Boomers as a portrayal of "Absolutely Fabulous" characters, wasteful, hedonistic idiots, totally dependent on their children?

I only hope these same people who are so eager to be rid of us, feel differently when they reach the same age and are held to blame by those coming up the ladder after them.
What are your views on this?. Do you feel guilt? or perhaps anger at the injustice of it all.**

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:09 AM

Re: Blame Game on Baby Boomers.

I feel no guilt, not till the whippersnappers, get off their arses, in their own right.

Goodnight!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I feel no guilt, not till the whippersnappers, get off their arses, in their own right.

Goodnight!
Good answer, Spitfire ! Can't better it
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:20 AM

David Willetts has some gall!! Is this the same David Willetts, who as a member of John Major's government was forced to resign when he, like a number of others was caught accepting bribes from Mohammed al Fayed??? - a typical scumbag 'nasty party' member!!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:42 AM

None of us asked to be born, I just think that there were more births at that time because we were building a society with food, somewhere to live and lets not forget that many wives were separated from their husbands through the war...so were catching up on a bit of love.
When we were born, people were happy to to stop hearing bombs and be sure their families were safe.....isn't that what many soldiers gave their lives to achieve?

I sometimes wonder if the war gave us better values, than we have now, like lack of greed & jealousy and where people cared about each other!
The only thing they can blame the Boomers for is giving their children a better life....which has made many of the children unable to understand that you only get out of life what you put into it!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 08:49 AM

The System did that maybe, not the people?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:07 AM

The baby boom ended in about 1962 so I'm part of generation X. We missed out on the fun somewhat. It's like being outside an exclusive club with your nose pressed against the window and it's raining....inside people are drinking champers and laughing
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
David Willetts has some gall!! Is this the same David Willetts, who as a member of John Major's government was forced to resign when he, like a number of others was caught accepting bribes from Mohammed al Fayed??? - a typical scumbag 'nasty party' member!!!
You really need to be sure of your facts Joe, you lies good get this site into some hot water.
He resigned because he was caught out dissembling to the enquiry in attempt to confuse the issue, not for accepting bribes. not that it will concern you greatly in you attempts to mudsling. It might bother the site owner though.

Returning to the subject in hand I think I earned my retirement after working 14, 16 and sometimes 18hr days and often weekends.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 10:56 AM

The only thing they can blame the Boomers for is giving their children a better life....which has made many of the children unable to understand that you only get out of life what you put into it!

I'm more inclined to think that those of us who worked and contributed to society as a whole encouraged our children to do likewise. Free loaders, on the other hand, may have shown their children that they can take without giving.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The baby boom ended in about 1962 so I'm part of generation X. We missed out on the fun somewhat. It's like being outside an exclusive club with your nose pressed against the window and it's raining....inside people are drinking champers and laughing
Me too Annie, we seemed to miss the milk and honey somewhat always struggled but I do think present generation are having it harder than we did. If we had little when we were young that was normal, if they have little now they are looking at so many people with so much more than them.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top