Join for free
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:54 AM

BBC Question Time

Just watching (a recording of) BBC Question Time and listening to the way some people on the panel constantly interrupt other speakers by attempting to shout them down.

Yesterday's programme was typical and, on this occasion, I made a mental note of who the interrupters were. Almost without exception, it was the Labour politicians and their political supporters!

Others, the right wing generally, politely wait for their turn to make their point or to challenge what has been said.

I believe that portrays the Loonies for what they are, and the old saying: 'The emptiest vessels shout the loudest' came to mind!

Dimbleby, of course, is either hopeless at controlling the panel, or he surreptitiously supports one side of the political divide. But, of course, it is the BBC.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 12:33 PM

Re: BBC Question Time

Agree with every word you say. This thing of shouting people down, or interrupting when they can see where the conversation is going. (i,e if they don't want people to know the truth) One of the worst offenders in my opinion is and always has been Yvette Cooper , but that woman on last night shouting about the immigrants/refugees , clearly didn't have a clue what she was talking about and it's time those ignorant types are not on the show. It just fills other peoples heads with wrong information .
The shouting is downright rude, and as you say Dimbleby is as bad. Maybe it's the 'in thing ' to do in the land of the BBC , but I seldom watch the whole of Question Time now, it's rude, and I'm sick of Brexit. and the NHS.
The same topics arises every week and it's boring.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 12:41 PM

I gave up watching QT years ago, probably about the same time that Dimbleby took over (1994) .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 01:31 PM

I gave up when the Tw@t in the hat appeared on it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 01:56 PM

Haven't seen it in ages, some of the panellists are insane and some only want their face on tv. When the audience started looking more intelligent than the panel I thought it was time to stop watching.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 07:12 PM

Did get it up on BBC I player...turned it off after 10 minutes.

Much prefer watching clips on YOUTube where someone in the audience makes someone on the panel look stupid.

Such as this moron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Nk_RAOYmw&t=1s
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Did get it up on BBC I player...turned it off after 10 minutes.

Much prefer watching clips on YOUTube where someone in the audience makes someone on the panel look stupid.

Such as this moron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Nk_RAOYmw&t=1s
Yes, that gentleman stated quite correctly that MPs are elected by us to do a job, and that job requires two loyalties.

Primarily, they should be loyal to the majority of their constituency who elected them.

Secondly, they should be loyal to the country.

The latter, of course, would be open to all sorts of interpretations. Compo, for example, would argue that remaining in the EU would be for the good of the country.

The former, however, is a little more difficult for them to wriggle out of. If the majority of their constituency voted in the referendum to leave the EU, their MP has no business in attempting to overturn that decision.

Several appear to be doing just that, though, and if everything was fair and above board, those MPs should be deselected before the day dawns when they are inevitably voted out of office.

Anything less would, by definition, be undemocratic.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:29 PM

think most and for most they should be loyal to the people of the country.who had a referendum and voted to leave..even if they in their hearts do not agree with the result.

if in their consituancy the majority vote to stay that should not divert them from what the country voted for.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-02-2018, 08:40 PM

think most and for most they should be loyal to the people of the country.who had a referendum and voted to leave..even if they in their hearts do not agree with the result.

If in their consituancy the majority vote to stay that should not divert them from what the country voted for.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 01:36 PM

if in their consituancy the majority vote to stay that should not divert them from what the country voted for.

Total bullsh*t!!! - If the constituents voted to remain then the MP is perfectly correct in campaigning and voting for that outcome.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top