Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 09:59 AM

Re: Windows 7 Won't Allow Me To Download Scrabble CD Rom 2003

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I just saw this must have missed it !

We had same problem, I'm not sure it's compatible with later versions of Windows at all. Shame as it was a really good game.
Julie, Yes it is a great game, l love it!
It did download to my Vista desktop some years ago but for some reason it won't download onto this Windows 7 laptop.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 11:11 PM

Try this.

https://www.computing.net/answers/wi...s-7/17803.html
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Try this.

https://www.computing.net/answers/wi...s-7/17803.html
Thank You! fogey. I still can't load it!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-11-2017, 08:03 PM

To, Judd, MKJ, Julie and Fogey, Thank You all for your interest in my dilemma in not being able to download my 2003 Scrabble game on Windows7.

Here is the good news and l am thrilled! Last weekend, my daughter’s boyfriend tried to download it for me but couldn’t. He said, it was because the cd was scratched and ordered a new one (2003 version)for me from Amazon.
To be truthful, l thought it was a waste of money because the other one hadn’t loaded and two of my friends who are lT people failed to download it!

It arrived yesterday and last night, l thought l would have a go downloading the new Scrabble cd again and using the method Judd had posted on here. I was up until almost 2am, trying to work it out and suddenly it started to download, l was so happy but alas a message came up saying there was a problem.
Today, l tried again and it was successful! I couldn’t believe it!
Words like ‘properties’ ‘compatibility’ XP ?something were alien to me but l persevered and was successful!
It may be nothing to some of the computer whizzes on here but to me, it was something, l had never had to do before!
I am so elated though!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 10:31 PM

There are loads of online scrabble sites out there where you could play to your heart's content with other people. Don't you use those?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2017, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
There are loads of online scrabble sites out there where you could play to your heart's content with other people. Don't you use those?
Thank You! Realist.
Yes, l know there are loads of online Scrabble sites, l have tried some of them and l don’t like them!

The board is different on many of them, not like the original Scrabble board.
Some have adverts that keep popping up after you’ve had your go! Which is annoying as you can’t carry on until they’ve gone.

I have played against ‘humans’ on a Scrabble site but l prefer to play against the computer. It’s quicker, it doesn’t have to go off somewhere midway through the game. I can also go at my own pace, without being under pressure!

I like this 2003 version and I usually score around 450- 500 points each game as l target the triple squares or use my 7 tiles in one go, to get the 50 point bonus! Ha!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top