Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 01:04 AM

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I would honestly like to know just how Brexit is going to make things better for our kids and grandkids. Our kids currently have to bring up our grandkids don't they? Okay, so if our kids lose their jobs, how is that going to help them or our grandkids?
Yep I can't see how it's going to improve our economy. It all seems like the brexit future is a pile of doggy do from what I have seen so far. Not sure how anyone can continue to be optimistic about "taking back control". Seems like the biggest "Emperor's new clothes" since weapons of mass destruction...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm getting confused now Swims .... if your friends are leaving as they are disillusioned with their declining prospects in the UK they'll pass another load of new arrivals coming in from Poland.

[
the people who are leaving are those with the most to offer and transferable skills, ie. those we would prefer to stay here. The ones still arriving are desperate, have nothing back home and are taking a gamble on the UK not sending them back post-brexit. We are not talking Poland, but Romania, Italy, Hungary. The Poles will just go to the next best EU country.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-05-2017, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I hate to think how we ever coped before we joined the EU!
It does annoy me when people come here and enjoy the fruits this country has to offer them but when things change they go running off home! Thanks for your loyalty!!
This younger Polish generation are so unlike the thousands of Polish/Lithuanian men and women who stayed and settled here after the war. They stayed here and worked hard for this country and didn't jump ship when things didn't go to their liking.
Isn't brexit a clear message to say "please leave we don't want you"?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Isn't brexit a clear message to say "please leave we don't want you"?
NO, not to those who want to live here and have something to offer this country. Many are here because Britain offers them a much easier life... so if you want to blame somebody, blame those who wanted a multicultural society and allowed too many immigrants into this country! Many live off benefits, they bring their own laws to Britain that are against our laws and they don't integrate and become part of the British community.
They only reason we should accept immigrants, from any country, is because they have something to offer Britain...not the other way round.
My father was offered several jobs in America and Australia.... not because he wanted to live there but because they needed him!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-05-2017, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
NO, not to those who want to live here and have something to offer this country. Many are here because Britain offers them a much easier life... so if you want to blame somebody, blame those who wanted a multicultural society and allowed too many immigrants into this country! Many live off benefits, they bring their own laws to Britain that are against our laws and they don't integrate and become part of the British community.
They only reason we should accept immigrants, from any country, is because they have something to offer Britain...not the other way round.
My father was offered several jobs in America and Australia.... not because he wanted to live there but because they needed him!
How many such people are from the EU?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 09:23 AM

Who knows? I am sure there are many rapists in Europe, and don't forget that many EU countries welcomed immigrants from the Middle East.... who will be freely traveling around Europe soon. Many illegal immigrants try to get into Britain, thanks to free movement in the EU.
Germany welcomed them, but now many Germans are seeking another EU country to live in... because of the problems the immigrants have caused there!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 09:26 AM

Not many, but don't confuse the short sighted xenophobes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 09:33 AM

Yep I can't see how it's going to improve our economy. It all seems like the brexit future is a pile of doggy do from what I have seen so far. Not sure how anyone can continue to be optimistic about "taking back control". Seems like the biggest "Emperor's new clothes" since weapons of mass destruction...
How do you know it's going to be like that? Are you a clairvoyant and can see the future? You are just assuming it will be like that before it's happened!
Will we be the only independent country in the world? What do other stand alone countries do?
This attitude of doom and gloom is becoming tedious! ''Tis done! We are free of the shackles of those only hell bent on controlling us!
If the Polish and others want to go elsewhere, let them, they only wanted what they could get out of us anyway!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-05-2017, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Who knows? I am sure there are many rapists in Europe, and don't forget that many EU countries welcomed immigrants from the Middle East.... who will be freely traveling around Europe soon. Many illegal immigrants try to get into Britain, thanks to free movement in the EU.
Germany welcomed them, but now many Germans are seeking another EU country to live in... because of the problems the immigrants have caused there!
Many rapists are born here. Should we deport them?

Middle eastern immigrants do not get into the uk because of schengen. We are not in it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-05-2017, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Not many, but don't confuse the short sighted xenophobes.
Purwell I have fully explained my answer to AnnieS post, shame you can't do the same, instead of your one sentence criticisms of anybody that you don't agree with.

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top