Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 09:11 AM

Re: Where is the Prime Minister/

Hi

The object of the exercise is to find out what has happened and prevent another tragedy.

This must take precedence over everything else.

She went , she saw and smelt it, got information first hand from the emergency services, not filtered through loads of aides.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Why is TM coming in for all this criticism?

Corbyn's arrival is nothing short of a PR stunt.....there's no point in them turning up, it's just another distraction.

To gain political points out of this tragedy is disgraceful.

And then you have your usual BS from him above(not God)

I suppose she could have put on a BA and helped the fire crews.

Well said Tpin. I totally agree with you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Theresa May - a typical member of the scumbag 'nasty party' - doesn't care a fig about the people who may have elected her - only her own status. Wouldn't meet the victims of Grenfell Tower - they're just the hoi polloi and looks down her nose at them.
What a ridiculous, childish, spiteful post ... how do you know Theresa May "doesn't care a fig" and "looks down her nose at them"? You do not know what goes on behind the scenes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree what is she supposed to do ?
She has been and talked to the people who are dealing with it the disaster .
Being touchy feely won't help anything .

MUDDY, your PM's need emptying. Trying to tell you to look at 'Flokie'.

(Pardon me folks, didn't know how else to tell Muddy).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Why is TM coming in for all this criticism?

Corbyn's arrival is nothing short of a PR stunt.....there's no point in them turning up, it's just another distraction.

To gain political points out of this tragedy is disgraceful

And then you have your usual BS from him above(not God)

I suppose she could have put on a BA and helped the fire crews.
I agree with you Tpin.

The people we should be thanking are those that spent the whole night helping others, not some politician who turns up for an hour.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The object of the exercise is to find out what has happened and prevent another tragedy.

This must take precedence over everything else.

She went , she saw and smelt it, got information first hand from the emergency services, not filtered through loads of aides.
That's what I said on page1...you said it better!
Poor bloody woman is doing her job to the best of her ability...so she's not Princess Diana, so what!

So much spite on this forum these days, so much bile and bitterness...sheesh
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 09:53 AM

If I was Mrs May I would have thought carefully about adding to the burden of security staff who are already pushed to the limit with terrorist attacks.
I understand Mrs May paid a brief visit to the scene of the tragedy in support of the emergency staff and to make sure they had all the help they required.

Oh course she could have wandered aimlessly through the crowds on the streets wringing her hands to try to boost her popularity which wouldn't really have done any favours to the security staff .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
If I was Mrs May I would have thought carefully about adding to the burden of security staff who are already pushed to the limit with terrorist attacks.
I understand Mrs May paid a brief visit to the scene of the tragedy in support of the emergency staff and to make sure they had all the help they required.

Oh course she could have wandered aimlessly through the crowds on the streets wringing her hands to try to boost her popularity which wouldn't really have done any favours to the security staff .

+1

I think some forget or are ignorant of how hard it is to move the PM at such short notice.....the security that is involved.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Except that over the last few years there have been huge cuts in emergency staff personnel due to swingeing cuts in their budgets. TM as Home Secretary has responsibility for this, so she is culpable!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 10:43 AM

No she is not culpable .
The emergency services were there in three minutes of it being reported it would not have made any difference they did all that they could.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top