Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 12:12 PM

endoscopy

I am due to have one of these procedures & have heard only horror stories, anyone know the truth?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 12:28 PM

Re: endoscopy

I suppose the truth must be whatever personal experience of the procedure you have. In my case I had an endoscopy in my lungs which wasn't pleasant but certainly not horrendous. I know people who have had an endoscopy in the other end and the main emotion tended to be embarrassment rather than a huge discomfort.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 12:40 PM

Robert I had an endoscopy , I refused the local anaesthetic and while the procedure was not exactly pleasent it was over quite quickly and I was back at work within hours.

When you have been through 24 hours of childbirth (and pushed a large melon through a space designed for a lemon) any other discomfort pales into insignificance

Good luck with yours Robert close your eyes and thing lovely thoughts and it will all be over very quickly x.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 12:54 PM

Mrs LDs had one few years back and had a drug which doesn't knock you out exactly but afterwards you don't remember anything. According to her experience it's nothing to worry about. I hope all goes well for you mate.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 01:24 PM

My drug didn't work, when I had the lower one! I watched it all on the screen and screamed out 'Gordon Bennett' when the camera was turned around, just at the opening. Yes, that bit hurt!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When you have been through 24 hours of childbirth (and pushed a large melon through a space designed for a lemon) any other discomfort pales into insignificance
You shoved a melon up there?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You shoved a melon up there?
No JB I just pushed one out...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No JB I just pushed one out...
Wow, that's got to be a first.

You should go into greengrocery and get rich quick.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 03:01 PM

All depends on what end Robert.

I have had the bum end several times and never have any sedation and i'm fine with it, it may be a bit uncomfortable when they turn the camera around on the sides, but otherwise, as long as you are relaxed you will be fine.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 03:30 PM

Top end i was brave and didn't have sedation. It was fine.
I remembered a tip about concerntrating solely on breathing very slowly in and out, and I didn't gag.

Bum end I always ask for the legal limit and then some!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top