Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:15 PM

Thread veins

If the weather is very cold or hot I get "farmer's wife" cheeks.
I know rosy cheeks are supposed to be healthy but, mine look like I've been on the cider, I don't drink so I'm miffed!
I've tried Witch Hazel, Bio oil and zinc cream.
Has anyone found something that helps?
I don't want to keep using make up to cover them, which I do if I go out.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:16 PM

Re: Thread veins

Specify which cheeks
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Specify which cheeks
I will!

Not the ones you're thinking of, I don't put make up on them to go out!

...or do I?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:35 PM

Found this Tess, maybe worth a try?

2.) Apple Cider Vinegar

It’s one of the easiest ways of getting rid of spider veins and is quite effective too. It diminishes the appearance of spider veins by improving blood supply around the affected area. You need some apple cider vinegar and a clean cloth. Soak the cloth with some apple cider vinegar. You can now use it as a compress on your affected area. Let it be there for about 20-30 minutes. Repeat this 3-4 times for at least two months. Continue doing this after a monthly if you still see some spider veins and repeat this till all of them disappear.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

14-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Thanks Mags, I'll have to be careful not to attract wasps though
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Thanks Mags, I'll have to be careful not to attract wasps though
I would have thought you had a vizor amongst your Steampunk gear, Tess
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 06:30 PM

Tessa, some good advice on here which could help, but can I add that you could buy a tinted moisturiser to pop on , it's very quick and easy and light . You can buy in body shop, , boots , superdrug . Is so natural and it's not like a foundation at all . I use it all the time , I use nivea tinted moisturiser. Worth a try if they don't improve and you'll feel better when you see how good the above is
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

14-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Thanks Susan, I may try that if the vinegar doesn't work.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 07:30 PM

Has rosacea been ruled out by your GP?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Found this Tess, maybe worth a try?

2.) Apple Cider Vinegar

It’s one of the easiest ways of getting rid of spider veins and is quite effective too. It diminishes the appearance of spider veins by improving blood supply around the affected area. You need some apple cider vinegar and a clean cloth. Soak the cloth with some apple cider vinegar. You can now use it as a compress on your affected area. Let it be there for about 20-30 minutes. Repeat this 3-4 times for at least two months. Continue doing this after a monthly if you still see some spider veins and repeat this till all of them disappear.

Goodness ... does this really work?

Sounds great but I understood that only some kind of 'medical' process was needed ... laser treatment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top