Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:16 PM

Grapes.

When you buy grapes, do you just pick, green, red or black? This is what l have always done in the past. Then, l had some really nice, sweet red grapes and l noticed the variety was ‘Crimson’!

On Thursday, l set out to get some more of this variety grapes. I went to Asda where they were purchased but couldn’t find any ‘Crimson’! There were many other varieties but l didn’t want to chance them as some grapes can be very sour!
In the end l was able to purchase the ‘Crimson’ variety in Sainsbury’s.

So l ask, do you just pick up a punnet of grapes by their colour or size, or do you go by the variety?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:24 PM

Re: Grapes.

Hi Art, I normally buy a box of mixed Green and Black grapes in Aldi, they are very nice, they are about £2.00 though.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:28 PM

As long as they are seedless I don't really care, I cant be doing with seeds Actually I buy both either green or black I just select the ones that look the nicest
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Art, I normally buy a box of mixed Green and Black grapes in Aldi, they are very nice, they are about £2.00 though.

susie, l have heard that Aldi grapes are nice and fresh.

I bought some black grapes from Tesco recently but they were tasteless and strange in texture. It made me wonder if they are stored somewhere for a while?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2017, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
As long as they are seedless I don't really care, I cant be doing with seeds Actually I buy both either green or black I just select the ones that look the nicest
summer, That’s what l normally do but because this Crimson variety were so nice, l thought l’d get some more.
They really were nice, small but crisp and sweet!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:43 PM

I find the black ones are the sweetest.

Lately I have been buying Blueberries from Aldi's they are very nice, I sprinkle some on my Porridge in the morning, as they are good for Diabetics.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 03:50 PM

I used to like grapes, but there is too much sugar in them for me now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I used to like grapes, but there is too much sugar in them for me now.
So, is natural sugar in fruit as bad for diabetics, as processed sugar?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So, is natural sugar in fruit as bad for diabetics, as processed sugar?

Yes Angel darlin' - sugar is sugar is sugar and makes little difference whether its Sucrose, fructose or lactose.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 04:23 AM

I usually by the green sultana grapes when they are in season because they are as cheap as chips and very tasty. Red grapes tend to have seeds though there are a few varieties that don't but they don't get to the supermarkets much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top