Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:07 PM

The definitive Windows 10 Fall Creators Update review

Microsoft is beginning to roll out a brand new update for Windows 10

https://www.windowscentral.com/fall-creators-update

Including:
  • Video Walkthrough
  • Fluent Design System
  • Start and Action Center
  • My People
  • Windows Mixed Reality
  • OneDrive Files On-Demand
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Pen and input
  • Cortana
  • Story Remix
  • Phone linking
  • Other improvements
  • Conclusion

The only updates of interest to me are "Start and Action Center", "OneDrive Files On-Demand" and "Other improvements".
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:20 PM

Re: The definitive Windows 10 Fall Creators Update review

I don't want any of them, I am fine with the things I have and which I am used to .
Everytime I have a major update an existing feature ceases to work.
Last time is was my picture programme which I could no longer access, something called TWINUI arrived from nowhere and I couldn't access that either just a message saying 'Class Not Registered'.
I had to get my son to come and sort it out
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 03:39 PM

All very predictable.

The mega push to force people onto W10 was about establishing a platform that THEY controlled rather than the USER being in control.

Those that fell for it are frankly buggered now.

MS can send any update they like down the line to you now. You can delay updates but you can't refuse them if MS want you to have them. W10 is a totalitarian OS.

The associated mega-corporations will soon change imo. I fully expect Googlemail to cease working with Windows 7/8 to force people over to 10.
YouTube similarly, then Amazon and so on.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 05:15 PM

Did it last week no problem at all.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
All very predictable.

The mega push to force people onto W10 was about establishing a platform that THEY controlled rather than the USER being in control.

Those that fell for it are frankly buggered now.

MS can send any update they like down the line to you now. You can delay updates but you can't refuse them if MS want you to have them. W10 is a totalitarian OS.

The associated mega-corporations will soon change imo. I fully expect Googlemail to cease working with Windows 7/8 to force people over to 10.
YouTube similarly, then Amazon and so on
More paranoia?

Considering that Gmail, YouTube and Amazon are online products and can be accessed with any type of browser I seriously doubt whether they can be set to ignore Win 7. I access all of these on Android and Linux as well as Windows 7.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 06:30 PM

I use a lot of Google services and they play well with my MacBook - I see no reason why you won't be able to access them on Windows 10.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 07:06 PM

I hate Windows 10. So much so that I am seriously considering ditching my laptop in favour of a larger iPad than my iPad Mini which I use the majority of the time. Simply because of the dreaded W10.

It annoys me intensly that Windows take over the machine, gobbling up a huge amount of disc space, installing so much stuff I have no wish to use and slowing everything up. I had my computer expert son here today and he spent a couple of hours trying to free up disc space by shifting stuff onto an external hard drive, but still I am so short of space.

Edited to add. My son is a professional event photographer running iMacs (3) at events to produce photographs there and then on the spot. Unfortunately the application he has to use is a Windows one. At a big event last week, on setting up their machines in readiness, Windows decided to automatically start an update which took an hour and a half. So despite photographs being taken, the customers could not get prints of them, so went away promising to come back later, which of course after dinner and drinks, they didn't bother. He estimated that he lost several hundred pounds worth of sales, simply because of bloody Windows.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I hate Windows 10. So much so that I am seriously considering ditching my laptop in favour of a larger iPad than my iPad Mini which I use the majority of the time. Simply because of the dreaded W10.

It annoys me intensly that Windows take over the machine, gobbling up a huge amount of disc space, installing so much stuff I have no wish to use and slowing everything up. I had my computer expert son here today and he spent a couple of hours trying to free up disc space by shifting stuff onto an external hard drive, but still I am so short of space.
I hate Windows, too. I had one of those nasty, slow little netbooks running Windows 7 before moving on to a Chromebook and then iOs on a MacBook...I'll never own another Windows machine.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 05:39 PM

I have had enough and am ditching my present laptop and Windows 10. I have just purchased a reconditioned Macbook Air. I spent most of yesterday trying to install a new printer and had so many problems, I could have thrown the laptop through the window.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 05:55 PM

Must admit I rather like Windows 10.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top