Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 07:05 PM

Re: The definitive Windows 10 Fall Creators Update review

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Download, install and update took 2.5 hours on my laptop .....

The "fuzzy fonts" manifestation was supposed to have been cleared on this release but I noticed that, on my laptop, which has a screen DPI Scale of 125%, the "fuzziness" is still apparent on some applications .....

I have now abandoned all hope of MS providing a solution and have installed, instead, XPExplorer Windows 10 DPI Fix 2.2, which makes the DPI Scaling in Windows 10 work just like it used to in Windows 8 .....
It's a shame that there isn't a download to make Windows 10 revert back to Windows 7!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's a shame that there isn't a download to make Windows 10 revert back to Windows 7!
Or even Windows XP !!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 11:49 AM

Windows 7 was not very good in my opinion although our company still uses it at work, the "home" edition was not very good at all.
I have just had a problem with my notebook that the manufacturers blamed Microsoft for but then supplied a fix for it, make of that what you will.
The problem that I had was that the notebook would lose battery overnight and would not start until it was plugged in. This did occur very shortly after I had installed the latest Windows 10 update but not immediately, so difficult to say if that was the culprit or not.
After much Googling I updated the Intel drivers and installed the fix from Linx and the problem has been solved but I am not convinced that it won't happen again.
If I had not got access to another computer to search for a solution it would have cost me to get it fixed.
channeal
Sussex UK
channeal is female  channeal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 07:25 PM

I have got Windows 7 on my 11-year-old old desktop and Windows 10 on my daughter's old laptop which I took over about a year ago.

Like you, Purwell, I have no problem whatsoever with Windows 10.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 07:29 PM

Nice to see that you are not in the paranoid camp that thinks Microsoft is going to take over your brain.😀
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 07:36 PM

No fear of that mate
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think that the market is crying out for a new OS.

Windows is too dictatorial and controlling.
Crapple is too expensive.
Linux is too difficult for idiots like me.

How about an Android OS for computers?

More freedom of choice than Windows.
Cheaper than Crapple.
Simpler than Linux.

If I had the brains I'd create one!
If the paranoid foil hat wearers among us think Windows 10 knows too much about them god knows what they would think about something provided by Google.

Personally I don't mind Windows 10 it is no more intrusive than any other M$ operating system, it is far less bloated than say WIN7 and there is nothing that you can't turn off if you wish to.

The only thing that irritates me is that it forgets the Num Lock key on start up but if that is it worst feature then life is pretty sweet.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Personally I don't mind Windows 10 it is no more intrusive than any other M$ operating system
lols are you for real ????!!

Comedy gold!

From the W10 privacy policy:

"we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including the contents of emails or files in private folders."

Then . . .

Microsoft tries to sell cloud service OneDrive subscriptions with new ad within Windows 10’s File Explorer, to the annoyance of customers

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...edrive-adverts

"Once installed, Windows 10 is also permeated with adverts masquerading as tips. Reddit user MorallyDeplorable said: “The Start menu is plastered with pinned ads, it randomly injects ads into the start menu program list, it’ll pop up asking about Office 365, and it’ll whine about OneDrive when you open Explorer or accidentally click on the OneDrive link, or even if you highlight the OneDrive link with the keyboard"

‘Incredibly intrusive’: Windows 10 spies on you by default

"Several tech bloggers have warned that the privacy settings in the operating system are invasive by default, and that changing them involves over a dozen different screens and an external website."

Microsoft ordered to fix 'excessively intrusive, insecure' Windows 10

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/0..._10_microsoft/

"A French regulator has issued Microsoft a formal warning over Windows 10, saying the operating system collects excessive amounts of personal data, ships that information illegally out of the EU, and has lousy security.

The warning comes from the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), an independent data privacy watchdog with the power to levy fines against companies. The CNIL has been investigating Windows 10 since its launch and has now drawn up a damning list of criticisms."

Microsoft's 'intrusive' data collection in Windows 10 breaks Dutch privacy laws

MICROSOFT HAS BEEN FOUND GUILTY of breaching Dutch data protection laws in the way that it collects telemetry metadata in Windows 10.

The Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA) said on Friday that, after investigating Microsoft's Windows 10 Home and Pro operating systems - of which there are four million users in the Netherlands - it has concluded that the firm "does not clearly inform users about the type of data it uses, and for which purpose".

I'm sure I could go on finding and posting pages and pages of similar disgruntled people complaining about the intrusiveness of MS and Windows 10.

there is nothing that you can't turn off if you wish to.
More Billy BS

Perhaps you can explain to people how they can completely turn off Windows Updates then. Not postpone their arrival, not schedule their arrival but actually and completely disable them and prevent them ever coming. . . . .?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Personally I don't mind Windows 10 it is no more intrusive than any other M$ operating system
lols are you for real ????!!

Comedy gold!

From the W10 privacy policy:

"we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including the contents of emails or files in private folders."

Then . . .

Microsoft tries to sell cloud service OneDrive subscriptions with new ad within Windows 10’s File Explorer, to the annoyance of customers

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...edrive-adverts

"Once installed, Windows 10 is also permeated with adverts masquerading as tips. Reddit user MorallyDeplorable said: “The Start menu is plastered with pinned ads, it randomly injects ads into the start menu program list, it’ll pop up asking about Office 365, and it’ll whine about OneDrive when you open Explorer or accidentally click on the OneDrive link, or even if you highlight the OneDrive link with the keyboard"

‘Incredibly intrusive’: Windows 10 spies on you by default

https://www.rt.com/usa/311304-new-wi...rivacy-issues/

"Several tech bloggers have warned that the privacy settings in the operating system are invasive by default, and that changing them involves over a dozen different screens and an external website."

Microsoft ordered to fix 'excessively intrusive, insecure' Windows 10

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/0..._10_microsoft/

"A French regulator has issued Microsoft a formal warning over Windows 10, saying the operating system collects excessive amounts of personal data, ships that information illegally out of the EU, and has lousy security.

The warning comes from the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), an independent data privacy watchdog with the power to levy fines against companies. The CNIL has been investigating Windows 10 since its launch and has now drawn up a damning list of criticisms."

Microsoft's 'intrusive' data collection in Windows 10 breaks Dutch privacy laws

MICROSOFT HAS BEEN FOUND GUILTY of breaching Dutch data protection laws in the way that it collects telemetry metadata in Windows 10.

The Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA) said on Friday that, after investigating Microsoft's Windows 10 Home and Pro operating systems - of which there are four million users in the Netherlands - it has concluded that the firm "does not clearly inform users about the type of data it uses, and for which purpose".

I'm sure I could go on finding and posting pages and pages of similar disgruntled people complaining about the intrusiveness of MS and Windows 10.

there is nothing that you can't turn off if you wish to.
More Billy BS

Perhaps you can explain to people how they can completely turn off Windows Updates then. Not postpone their arrival, not schedule their arrival but actually and completely disable them and prevent them ever coming. . . . .?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

29-11-2017, 01:20 PM

Who cares?
Doesn't worry me one little bit

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top