Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 01:56 AM

The Money Pit.

Sorry about the underwear over the VRN. It belongs to MFTY. (Master Fruitcake The Younger)

Under the bonnet. 7.7L V8. According to the manufacturer, the horsepower output is "adequate."

The cockpit.

MFTE's wedding. (Master Fruitcake The Elder.)

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 02:40 AM

Re: The Money Pit.

I quite like the Silver Shadow.....it's the one I remember most growing up in the 60s/70s.

A lot of car for the money....if you can find a decent, original model without the notorious rust spots.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 09:35 AM

Lovely car. Like Tpin, it's what I think of when someone mentions a Rolller. Nice colour too. I can't imagine what it costs to run.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Lovely car, problem is you have to get dressed up to drive it and nipping to ALDI for a pint of milk in it ....... Nope
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Lovely car, problem is you have to get dressed up to drive it and nipping to ALDI for a pint of milk in it ....... Nope
It has a boot.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It has a boot.
I'm not sitting in the boot
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:34 AM

Beautiful car really lovely. I'm not a car fan they just get me from a to b but I can see the beauty in that one.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 01:18 PM

Lovely thread Fruity.
Your pride and joy.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I quite like the Silver Shadow.....it's the one I remember most growing up in the 60s/70s.

A lot of car for the money....if you can find a decent, original model without the notorious rust spots.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Lovely car. Like Tpin, it's what I think of when someone mentions a Rolller. Nice colour too. I can't imagine what it costs to run.
It's one of the last models before Rolls-Royce sold the company.
For me, it's the last one of the "nice shapes." After that they started to look more and more like big American cars, even though they are now made by BMW. I just don't like the look of them.

Insurance is cheap, tax is free, but it only comes out the garage when it's dry and doesn't get used every day. I have no idea what the fuel consumption is, and I don't want to know. If I started worrying about running costs I would never drive it.

It is however the only car I have ever had that has increased in value.

Originally Posted by summer ->
If you call polo shirt and cargo trouserings, getting dressed up.

Oh, it's not true that the only sound you can hear is the ticking of the clock. Most sounds are drowned out by the creaking of the leather, or maybe that's my back, I'm not sure.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

25-10-2017, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
It's one of the last models before Rolls-Royce sold the company.
For me, it's the last one of the "nice shapes." After that they started to look more and more like big American cars, even though they are now made by BMW. I just don't like the look of them.

Insurance is cheap, tax is free, but it only comes out the garage when it's dry and doesn't get used every day. I have no idea what the fuel consumption is, and I don't want to know. If I started worrying about running costs I would never drive it.

It is however the only car I have ever had that has increased in value.

If you call polo shirt and cargo trouserings, getting dressed up.

Oh, it's not true that the only sound you can hear is the ticking of the clock. Most sounds are drowned out by the creaking of the leather, or maybe that's my back, I'm not sure.
Actually its the sound of your money disappearing out of the exhaust into thin air

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top