Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 11:36 AM

Re: Does anyone else like Fairport Convention?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've never listened to much Gary Moore - might give him a go.
Before he became at all well known, a teenage Gary Moore played guitar with his mates at the time on this obscure thing of beauty and wonder...

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 12:44 PM

Thanks for posting that video.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 01:29 PM

I'd place Al Stewart more in the bracket of singer-songwriter that straight folk music, but certainly bands such as Fairport, Caravan and Pentangle made some lovely folk records.

I saw Donovan a couple of years ago; a very strange experience.
He's like an old flower child, sitting cross-legged on a table all night. It was only with the last song, Hurdy Gurdy Man, that he stood up and wispily danced around. What a throwback!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'd place Al Stewart more in the bracket of singer-songwriter that straight folk music, but certainly bands such as Fairport, Caravan and Pentangle made some lovely folk records.

I saw Donovan a couple of years ago; a very strange experience.
He's like an old flower child, sitting cross-legged on a table all night. It was only with the last song, Hurdy Gurdy Man, that he stood up and wispily danced around. What a throwback!
I saw him also a couple of years ago, good gig, I thought, plus I got his autograph.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-12-2017, 05:06 PM

Al Stewart has his own genre...history folk. He doesn't do love songs.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 05:57 PM

I saw Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span and a couple of other folk rock bands years ago, then I sort of drifted into prog rock

Fairport do their own festival each year, but I think it's expensive at £135, camping extra
Search Google for 'Cropredy Festival'
Al Stewart will be supporting them in 2018, so some of you might be tempted to go
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-12-2017, 08:45 PM

Never really been a fan of prog rock though I like some of the Moody Blues stuff and King Crimson.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top