Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 06:30 PM

Re: Rat in the garden

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Muddy please get rid of him, we had them last year in our garden, I thought there was only one, but no there was a family of them, we did put Rat poison down and they have gone now.
We had the same problem & the poison got rid of them. Hated doing it, but it was the only way, the babies were running around the garden in the day time & though cute were too many.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	4547  
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 07:15 PM

Rats are vermin and should be got rid of asap, or Roland will bring his missus and the kids into Your nice warm house for the winter...the patter of those tiny feet are not what You want especially if they gerrin the loft etc and start chewin' through the electric cables
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 10:01 PM

When I first moved here there was a bird table and I bought a feeding station type thing to shove in the soil.
Wonderful watching all the birds.

The squirrels got into them all, the rats came.... so I took them down.

No rats and the odd squirrel.

Last year the new neighbours put out a feeding station.... squirrels galore running amok and pattering about on the bungalow roofs. Not seen any rats - but I'm sure there must be.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Rats are vermin and should be got rid of asap, or Roland will bring his missus and the kids into Your nice warm house for the winter...the patter of those tiny feet are not what You want especially if they gerrin the loft etc and start chewin' through the electric cables

Usually rats come for food it's mice that come for habitation .
Luckily theyseem to gravitate towards my neighbours house !
However I may invest in a humane trap .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 09:32 AM

OK went out to the garden centre to buy trap .
The man there said ominously I think we have one left .....
He didn't there was an entire big space where the rat traps used to be .
Put bird food out on elevated tables this morning and blow me rattie comes running down the path towards house .......argghhh!
This might be getting serious....

Jack russell anyone ?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 09:40 AM

Ohhh I'm having bad memories of when I was young , we lived in a wooden house and at night while in bed I could hear nawing above me , we were infested with rats , family would see them in the kitchen , eventually dad put warfarin down in the loft but they were there for a long time . I now have a terrible fear of rats , I'll never forget the sound of them running and chewing above my bed .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2017, 09:47 AM

Enough is enough .
I have ordered two humane traps off Amazon .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 09:50 AM

I agree Muddy. Sounds like you've got to do something, wretched things.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2017, 10:05 AM

Mups I have just been at the window watching the clever thing climb up a flimsy plant and somehow get on to the bird table .
They are so agile. I banged on the window to no affect so went out ( blooming cold out there) Rattie eyeballed me from the bird table and then did a bunk .
Bad news is it was a juvenile lets hope he's an only child .......
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2017, 02:42 PM

In battle mode i went out and pruned the offending plant that had facilitated the rats visit to the bird table .
Hardly was I back in the house when I saw ratus as bold as brass scoffing the ground birds tray ( which I had put on top of the cage ) .

Note the Tom and Gerry rat hold on the right hand side .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1292.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	4565   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5150.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	4566  

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top