Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 05:57 PM

Re: Dash cams.

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I may have mentioned earlier...press down hard on the suction cup before pressing the clamp lever.
No you didn’t, but you have, and I did.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 06:21 PM

I may have mentioned earlier...press down hard on the suction cup before pressing the clamp lever.
And to be sure, apply a little spit!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
No you didn’t, but you have, and I did.
So are you planning to leave that suction mount there on the windscreen 24x7?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
So are you planning to leave that suction mount there on the windscreen 24x7?
No it’s not on the windscreen, it’s on top of the dash stuck to a carbon fibre plate that is then stuck with double sided sticky pads.
The Möbius is then placed in its custom holder that is screwed via a tripod mount.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 07:20 AM

I have a Nextbase, and am very impressed with the quality of recording. I have not hard wired it but prefer to keep it indoors. I have to remember to press the sucker pad hard onto the windscreen before pushing down the clamp, as otherwise it will fall off if hitting a bump and it records the sky before I can stop and redo it. Brother got someone to hard wire his.

I put my sat nav on a heavy base in front of it. (The sat nav holder was bought in Halfords.)

FAO Emjay..................
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 01:16 PM

Bought Sue a dashcam yesterday and spent the morning fitting it to here car.
I wanted to hard wire itbut for some reason the piggyback connector didn't put throught the power , but in actual fact a bit of a blessing as it would have been hard to conceal the extra wiring. So I just hid the cigar lighter connecting cable instead.
I have a bifty bit of kit , it is a small neon light on a curly cable with a cigar socket plug on the othr end. So i can easilt tell if the socket is live all the time or not.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I wanted to hard wire itbut for some reason the piggyback connector didn't put throught the power , but in actual fact a bit of a blessing as it would have been hard to conceal the extra wiring.
So if you were wanting to conceal the wiring presumably that means you were going to conceal the dashcam itself?

What dashcam did you go for?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 04:25 PM

Next base 312 gw
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-12-2017, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Next base 312 gw
Oh . . . . not something you can conceal then.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

21-12-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Oh . . . . not something you can conceal then.
Yes you can hide it in your pocket when you leave the car.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top